Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
6000 mile report
KaDargo

RE: 6000 mile report

7000 miles (SD4 Auto) - overall = 34.5 (brim to brim, calculated on excel spreadsheet)

If it were used only on long runs, motorways, A-roads etc I think the cosumption would hit 38 - 40 from observations, but it has a 16 mile trip there and back daily to work, and it then drops to about 30 - 32.

No faults as yet (squeaky door seals have stopped squeaking!)

Fabulous car Very Happy

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
09-11-2012 12:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Straydox

10,000 miles notched up the about a month ago and then the cabin became beset with buzzes and rattles - in fact for most of the last 4 weeks the RRE has been in Guy Salmon's workshop in Stratford upon Avon.

I've been running around in a £60k brand new RR Sport HSE SDV6 for the last two weeks - lovely to sail around but try as I might I can't get the big grey barge to do more than 28.1 mpg so i'm out of pocket for every business mile covered. Prior to that it was an RRE SD4 auto LUX that was perfect - squeak and rattle free.

The dealer admitted defeat a week ago - one last annoying rattle from the rear (exists in another customer car they also have in) is now due to be attended to be "a team of engineers direct from LR who will be carrying spare parts" visiting the dealership next Wednesday. As you might imagine I'm rather bored of the whole thing - an expectation is set with the leasing company that if the objective of zero rattles isn't met I will be seeking to terminate the contract - goods not fit for purpose etc.

The RRE is a great vehcile - some are built right, and some aren't - sadly I have the latter. Nick at LR CRC is in the loop too.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2012 08:14pm by Straydox.)
09-11-2012 08:13pm
SINGHY

Mines done 10.5 k now and is still rattle and squeak free. MPG can go up to 45 on motorway runs.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
09-11-2012 08:55pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The rattle in the rear quarter panel was traced by Autocar after their frustration at their dealer not being able to fix it......... they found that the speaker cables were not held in place by anything and once secured the rattles disappeared on their car

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2012 10:07pm by XFullFatTim.)
09-11-2012 10:06pm
Straydox

Update - I've lost track of when I last saw my Evoque, will soon be 4 weeks ago I think. Landrover shipped two Halewood technicians to the dealership plus an engineer and another techie from the company that makes a lot of the interior trim components on Wednesday. The dealer has been excellent with a daily phone update - it seems that both front door trim pads have been replaced along with revised door seals (there is a a creaking issue where the seals meet the B post trims apparently). The overhead console has been replaced - and modified further before re-fitting, the tailgate has been adjusted, a further rattle has been indentified under the rear of the headliner (box of electronics back there they say) so all that has to come out and the latest news is that the technicians have found a rattle in one of the rear doors too. I may see it before the weekend but most likely it will be next week subject to a satisfactory final test drive by the factory techs.

The positive news for you guys is that it is all being documented with photos and will be part of the instructions sent out from LR when other dealers are trying to fix rattles in customer cars - it could be yours!

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
15-11-2012 07:52pm
PhilSkill

Hope yours is sorted soon Straydox , at least they seem to be addressing the issue in detail, I hope my dealer gets the info as mines going back in for rear door rattle and tailgate alignment in 10 days.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
15-11-2012 09:09pm
WB
WB

(15-11-2012 07:52pm)Straydox Wrote:  Update - I've lost track of when I last saw my Evoque, will soon be 4 weeks ago I think. Landrover shipped two Halewood technicians to the dealership plus an engineer and another techie from the company that makes a lot of the interior trim components on Wednesday. The dealer has been excellent with a daily phone update - it seems that both front door trim pads have been replaced along with revised door seals (there is a a creaking issue where the seals meet the B post trims apparently). The overhead console has been replaced - and modified further before re-fitting, the tailgate has been adjusted, a further rattle has been indentified under the rear of the headliner (box of electronics back there they say) so all that has to come out and the latest news is that the technicians have found a rattle in one of the rear doors too. I may see it before the weekend but most likely it will be next week subject to a satisfactory final test drive by the factory techs.

The positive news for you guys is that it is all being documented with photos and will be part of the instructions sent out from LR when other dealers are trying to fix rattles in customer cars - it could be yours!

That sounds like quite a catalogue of rattles! When was your car built - I was hoping they'd have ironed out the causes of rattles at the factory by now!

Have they offered any compensation for being without your car for so long?
(This post was last modified: 16-11-2012 03:12pm by WB.)
16-11-2012 03:11pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

WB, do I detect a spot of panic over whether the new car might have more rattles than the old one.................

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
16-11-2012 05:19pm
Straydox

My car was built in early May of 2012, the 4 week point since I last saw the car has come and gone and my patience has run out - I've formally notified the leasing company that I'm rejecting the car - they can sort it out with LR themselves. I expect I'll be re-ordering, I fear I will be locked into having another Evoque although my head says 'go back to Audi', my 2nd choice was a Q5.....

For the last month I've been lent a brand new RR SDV6 HSE Sport - it's great, most of the time but the Elec tailgate works when it feels like it and the radio is intermittent - quality and Range Rover don't exactly go together. Have managed to get 30mpg out of it though...

(This post was last modified: 20-11-2012 06:41pm by Straydox.)
20-11-2012 06:40pm