Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
4 Months from Order to Delivery
HeyBert

RE: 4 Months from Order to Delivery

(10-02-2012 01:43am)Broadsword1959 Wrote:  It would be interesting to review the models and full add ons that are getting the 4 month or so deliveries and compare with those over 7 - 8 months. There must be either a component shortage or a model build plane that we are not party to.

I think a lot if the delays are linked to dealer allocations (or lack of), for example, whilst my deposit was paid in August, my order only got passed to the factory in early January 2012. I appreciate that delays at the factory wil result in lower dealer allocations month by month, but there's also a bit of luck with your dealer choice.

I'm using a dealer part of a large chain, within a highly populated area - in hindsight, maybe I should have shopped around a bit to find a dealer outside of my local area. But, previous experience of buying newly launched desirable cars, such as the Audi TT, Jag XF, Mini, etc, dealers will tell you anything to get your deposit so you never know what to believe! (and some LR dealers are equally guilty of this)

Range Rover Evoque Pure 5DR TD4 Manual - Firenze Red, Ebony, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof, Front Fogs, Privacy Glass
10-02-2012 11:53am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cedric

(10-02-2012 11:53am)HeyBert Wrote:  I think a lot if the delays are linked to dealer allocations (or lack of), for example, whilst my deposit was paid in August, my order only got passed to the factory in early January 2012. I appreciate that delays at the factory wil result in lower dealer allocations month by month, but there's also a bit of luck with your dealer choice.

I'm using a dealer part of a large chain, within a highly populated area - in hindsight, maybe I should have shopped around a bit to find a dealer outside of my local area. But, previous experience of buying newly launched desirable cars, such as the Audi TT, Jag XF, Mini, etc, dealers will tell you anything to get your deposit so you never know what to believe! (and some LR dealers are equally guilty of this)

I appreciate the fact of the dealer allocations, but I find the story of the holding pool very hard to believe. They should be able to tell you more or less in which month it's going to get build, even if it's 10 months ahead. It's not like land rover is not going to make any cars if a certain dealer sells 10 cars less than he is allowed to have that month.
I waited nearly two months to ask my dealer about the status of my order after reading all those stories here, but I think they know rather quickly which slot they get allocated. Don't you guys get a mail with all the exact dates, like My TD4 order - Belgium post?
10-02-2012 02:02pm
HeyBert

(10-02-2012 02:02pm)Cedric Wrote:  I appreciate the fact of the dealer allocations, but I find the story of the holding pool very hard to believe. They should be able to tell you more or less in which month it's going to get build, even if it's 10 months ahead. It's not like land rover is not going to make any cars if a certain dealer sells 10 cars less than he is allowed to have that month.
I waited nearly two months to ask my dealer about the status of my order after reading all those stories here, but I think they know rather quickly which slot they get allocated. Don't you guys get a mail with all the exact dates, like My TD4 order - Belgium post?

No email outlining dates was provided and it was only when my order was placed with the factory that I was provided an estimated build date. An email outlining the process with clearly defined dates would be a welcome addition as at least people would know where they stand.

It took LR Customer Services a week to confirm my build date from me calling them Laughing

I think the holding pool system has been well debated already on the forum - maybe the UK allocation system is different to those outside of the UK?

Range Rover Evoque Pure 5DR TD4 Manual - Firenze Red, Ebony, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof, Front Fogs, Privacy Glass
10-02-2012 02:58pm
Craig_d1

(09-02-2012 12:13pm)BTS18 Wrote:  Hi, I'm new to the Forum. I placed my order on 7/2/12 and have been told delivery will be end of May. I'm not sure if this is sales pitch to get the order or not. Actions speak louder than words, time will tell . It is encouraging to hear that dealerships are offering 3 - 4 month deliveries. My experience with at least 5 other dealerships was a lead time of 10 - 12 months.

Ordered: 5dr Prestige SD4 auto, Orkney Grey, Element interior, Lux Pack, Privacy Glass..........I'm also considering adding the heated steering wheel, I thought it was a bit 'gimicky' but I have read so many positive comments on it.

Always nice...order 3 months after me with an expected delivery 1to 2 months before me. I definitely should of placed an order with about 5 different dealerships and cancelled when I had a set date with one....then again, if it's happenning everywhere, hopefully mine will arrive earlier
(10-02-2012 02:02pm)Cedric Wrote:  I appreciate the fact of the dealer allocations, but I find the story of the holding pool very hard to believe. They should be able to tell you more or less in which month it's going to get build, even if it's 10 months ahead. It's not like land rover is not going to make any cars if a certain dealer sells 10 cars less than he is allowed to have that month.

I was in the dealer a couple weeks ago asking about the holding pool. he showed me all the orders they had waiting in there pool....a big pile of them. He said they get a call from the factory asking for 3 cars for the next month etc. They have a set allocation for the year depending on the size of the dealership, but he says it's not a set number of cars each month...last month he said they had a call and only had 1 car taken from the pool, so the dealerships are pretty much in the dark as the customer....
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2012 03:58pm by Craig_d1.)
10-02-2012 03:54pm
Cedric

(10-02-2012 03:54pm)Craig_d1 Wrote:  I was in the dealer a couple weeks ago asking about the holding pool. he showed me all the orders they had waiting in there pool....a big pile of them. He said they get a call from the factory asking for 3 cars for the next month etc. They have a set allocation for the year depending on the size of the dealership, but he says it's not a set number of cars each month...last month he said they had a call and only had 1 car taken from the pool, so the dealerships are pretty much in the dark as the customer....

Strange. If you have a good dealer, it means he will probably not be able to get you a car in a reasonable amount of time, since he will have large customer base. A dealer will also be able to let newer customers slip in front of you, without you ever knowing.
10-02-2012 04:11pm
Craig_d1

(10-02-2012 04:11pm)Cedric Wrote:  Strange. If you have a good dealer, it means he will probably not be able to get you a car in a reasonable amount of time, since he will have large customer base. A dealer will also be able to let newer customers slip in front of you, without you ever knowing.

Nature of the waiting pool, though a good dealer would obviously have sold a lot of land rovers/range rovers in the preceding year so should have a larger allocation of RRE's to cater for the higher demand at that dealer. The orders in the pool where all in order according to date. I guess they could forge a date and slip another oder in front of you in the queue. Still no guarantee of when you get the car though as the dealerships don't know how many cars the factory will take from them each month
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2012 04:16pm by Craig_d1.)
10-02-2012 04:14pm
Donny Dog

(10-02-2012 04:11pm)Cedric Wrote:  Strange. If you have a good dealer, it means he will probably not be able to get you a car in a reasonable amount of time, since he will have large customer base. A dealer will also be able to let newer customers slip in front of you, without you ever knowing.

Order from Doncaster. No-one can afford them here! Mine's due in March, and I haven't seen another on the road yet!
10-02-2012 04:15pm
Craig_d1

Be nice to know where they all go....there's a fuji pure driving around Camberley now, but that's about it. i see a few posts states side coming in about cars arriving withing 3 months of being ordered, and spain for that matter. Maybe LR trying to expand there foreign mkts while they're on a roll.
It's what BMW did with the X3. From looking at an X3 forum, looked like if you ordered in the states, you got it within3/4 months, while obver here it's 9 months. BMW trying to really expand into the USA, being a huge mkt
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2012 04:31pm by Craig_d1.)
10-02-2012 04:28pm
BTS18

5dr Prestige SD4 Auto, Style 5 Wheels, Orkney Grey, Element Interior, Cirrus Headliner, Lux pk, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Spare Wheel.

Ordered: 07/02/12. Build Date: 21/04/12. Delivered: 27/04/12
10-02-2012 05:57pm
Donny Dog

10-02-2012 06:00pm