Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
3M - VentureShield - Headlight Protection
chiggy

3M - VentureShield - Headlight Protection

3M - eBay link - headlight protector

So the link above - few questions - how does it work if you have xenons (which will get hot) and then when the washers come on as well?

Will the material get damaged with the heat? Will the material also get a bit "foggy" after the headlight washers spray water on it?

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
08-02-2012 09:14am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rootsboy

RE: 3M - VentureShield - Headlight Protection

i have just put some Gtechniq C4 on mine along with all other plastics to help protect against UV, which i think is more important, should last a year before i need to reapply.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
08-02-2012 09:30am
MPK

Chiggy,

I got the 3M VentureShield installed throughout the front of the car including the headlights. I also have xenons installed but haven't checked if they fog up when washers are used. I will check it over the next week or so and let you know.

Cheers,
MPK

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto (01/2012)
08-02-2012 11:10pm
chiggy

(08-02-2012 11:10pm)MPK Wrote:  Chiggy,

I got the 3M VentureShield installed throughout the front of the car including the headlights. I also have xenons installed but haven't checked if they fog up when washers are used. I will check it over the next week or so and let you know.

Cheers,
MPK

Do you do a lot of country driving or mainly city/suburb driving?

How much did it cost you if you dont mind me asking?

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
09-02-2012 01:46am
MPK

Yes, I do a lot of highway/country driving and find the ventureshield protects the front of the car from bugs and stone chips.

I got the whole front of the car done for less than $1100.

09-02-2012 03:38am
MPK

Chiggy,

I haven't seen the lights fog up with the use of Xenons and washers thus far.

18-02-2012 02:15pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Also my previous experience of Bixenons in snowy weather is that they don't generate enough heat on the lens to melt snow (On a long winter motorway haul I had to get out and clean the snow off the headlight of both RRS's and FFRR's that had Bixenons very 15 miles or so to be able to see in the dark!) so putting Ventureshield on them shouldn't be a problem

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-02-2012 07:37pm
vinny

Xenons run a lot cooler than halogens so not an issue

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
18-02-2012 10:19pm