Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
325 day wait is finally over but........
LDT

RE: 325 day wait is finally over but........

Let's hope you have just had a bad day, the weather will be better tomorrow and you will feel differently. I feel disappointed for you.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
20-01-2012 10:42pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xxxx5

Thanks everyones for the comments tonight, this is what the forum is all about. I really hope that things change in the morning. I hope the weather is fine, I have a BMW 3 Series Tourer to detail (the RRE has replaced it) before the buyer comes in the morning and the RRE to detail and hopefully fall in love with Shocked

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
20-01-2012 10:44pm
THEMACS

Sorry to hear this, hope everything is better tomorrowVery Happy

I think having Such a LONG Wait doesnt help, and all the googling and looking at pics can be misleading.

When we very first saw them in Sept at the Here & Now, I was a bit underwhelmed too, think I did a specific post as well. It was after seeing them in the flesh that we changed to the Prestige and changed from Fuji to OG, to me, and this is personal pref, the Fuji only suits the Coupe or the Dynamic 5 door. I saw a 5 Door Fuji white Dynamic today on the way home from work it looked Great, it also had the contrast black roof.

I think above all, we all build them up to be something so so special that they can't possibly live up to it.

They are a Fab looking car, and at least you have the Bling WheelsLaughingLaughing

I really hope you feel better tomorrow and realise what a Great Car you haveVery HappyVery Happy

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
20-01-2012 10:50pm
Dave_T

Unreal. Almost exactly my experience. My order was also changed from TD4 to SD4 by the dealer. Long story, but basically I had a choice of accept the SD4 (& pay the extra £1k) or wait until the TD4's were built...

I was also a little underwhelmed by the car - possibly comparing unfavourably against the last 3 new D3's - but it has continued to grow on me. They really are a fantastic drive, and the tech side of it is excellent.

2 months and 3.5k miles later, I think it's finally won me round!
20-01-2012 10:55pm
Wicksy

(20-01-2012 10:50pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Sorry to hear this, hope everything is better tomorrowVery Happy

I think having Such a LONG Wait doesnt help, and all the googling and looking at pics can be misleading.

When we very first saw them in Sept at the Here & Now, I was a bit underwhelmed too, think I did a specific post as well. It was after seeing them in the flesh that we changed to the Prestige and changed from Fuji to OG, to me, and this is personal pref, the Fuji only suits the Coupe or the Dynamic 5 door. I saw a 5 Door Fuji white Dynamic today on the way home from work it looked Great, it also had the contrast black roof.

I think above all, we all build them up to be something so so special that they can't possibly live up to it.

They are a Fab looking car, and at least you have the Bling WheelsLaughingLaughing

I really hope you feel better tomorrow and realise what a Great Car you haveVery HappyVery Happy
LaughingLaughingLaughing
20-01-2012 11:45pm
cjfp

Xxxx5 - sorry you feel this way at the moment and I hope it changes soon to the same level as the rest of us that are lucky enough to have our cars.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
21-01-2012 12:55am
PhilSkill

It can be disappointing when the weathers bad, it was raining when I picked mine up too and subsequently rained for days after, Dealers often can forget how important making each purchase special is as they do it everyday, then add a few niggles etc does take its toll, Once you get to know it, it will keep growing on you! mind you detailing 2 cars tomorrow might take its toll too! Might be better off going out in it after the beamer is gone!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
21-01-2012 01:04am
MrHooky

Re: RE: 325 day wait is finally over but........

(20-01-2012 10:22pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  Mr Hooky, my spec is in my signature box. Its a big spec. As for the Beemer, no it a 116d M Sport. Enough said!

sorry my mistake - slight typo

Sorry I couldn't see your signature before as was on my phone.

116d doesn't sound quite so exciting! Maybe you were subconsciously scared of negotiating the Evoque out of the garage...!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Fuji Pure eD4 5dr | Fogs | Panoramic | 19" Diamond Polished | Ordered June 11 - Expected May 12
Delivered 19/04/12
21-01-2012 01:12am
Cedric

Nearly none of your comments are about the car, so I'm rather confident the lack of joy is due to the dealership. Hope you feel better about it in the morning!

Don't you guys sign an order form or something? Here in Belgium I had to sign a paper describing the entire spec and I got a copy of it myself. It's easy to see who makes the mistake if something else turns up at the dealer when I get mine.
21-01-2012 01:43am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

XXXX5 so sorry that it wasn't that special a day for you, it sounds like your dealership tried very hard to compromise and I bet somebody will have had a kicked ar*e for the mistake, but it's your satisfaction that matters and it sounds like that ain't happening at the moment. Hopefully it will grow on you.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
21-01-2012 03:27pm