Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
325 day wait is finally over but........
xxxx5

ok, today was the day that I was going to become the proud owner of my first Range Rover. If your settling down to read this as a " I have picked up my RRE and love it" you might be in for a bit of a shock.

Some will have read already that my car arrived on Monday at the dealership but I had a issue to deal with before collection. The issue was the fact that when I placed a deposit for the car in March, I ordered a TD4 Pure. During the final specification completed in July, someone and this is were the issue lies changed the spec of my car to a SD4, I wasn't that bothered other than price increase (£1k) and the slightly extra running costs. When I went to the dealer on Monday to complete all the paperwork we had an issue, because I had a signed order form for a TD4 when the car parked in the lot was a SD4. A number of conversations were had with the dealer and we couldn't agree who changed the order, my wife has been present at all the meetings at the dealer and she confirms that I have never once said a SD4, because of the price.

As you will all know Evoque's can't be discounted at the moment (well thats the dealer line), so we needed to agree to a comprise that would work for both parties. I couldn't have the car at the TD4 price so I asked for the following:

1. Offroad Experience day (full day)
2. Rigid Load boot liner
3. All finance admin fees removed from the PCP agreement
4. APR changed to a more competitive rate.
5. Free servicing
6. Plus my £150 voucher due to the car being late.

Guess what I got........

The lot, yes they agreed to the lot, therefore I think that tells you that somebody made a mistake. Anyway most would be happy and overjoyed with that.....

(ps please don't ask me to give further information on points 3 & 4. I have agreed not to place this information on the internet).

I turned up this afternoon and the car was parked outside in the rain, but I didn't get that "oh my god what amazing car feeling". It just didn't look special and I don't know why. Not sure if it is the wrong colour, model, alloys. Just can't put my finger on it yet. I asked for it to be placed inside but they placed it into the valet bay for me to inspect. It was hard to view the paint work when the car is wet. I will clean it to my standard tomorrow and use good quality products and take some pictures. Therefore there was no nice unavailing of the car like some forum members have experienced. A really shame, I think my wife was a little disappointed as we have experienced this before with our previous 7 BMWs.

Onto the actually handover, we got a choice of the basic or the more in depth, and decided the more in depth would be useful given we are new to the RR brand. The salesman did well and covered everything about from the boot as it was raining. (if they had done it inside it would have been covered!)

Papers all signed and ready for the drive home. Check the fuel gauge half full! Check tax disc, I didn't get a full 12 months as the car has been taxed today so it will run out 31/12/2012. No gifts, no flowers etc.

The drive home was uneventful, and first thing I noticed is that the ride on 20" wheels is no worse than the 18" & 19" wheels and run flat tyres on my BMWs. I will say the power delivery is good and the road handling feels firm. I played with the tech and the radio, sat nav etc and think are very good. I got it home and placed in straight into the garage. Well I say straight in, the RRE is a wide car it needs a bit of carefully lining up on the drive to get through a single garage door opening, but once inside there is plenty of room to walk round it as I have a double garage. It is certainly a lot shorter than my one of our 3 series tourers.

But then I stood in the garage and looked at it and thought was the 325 day wait, £35k and a lot of time spent on the forum really worth it. I have had 7 brand new BMW's in the last 12 years and always come home and gone for a long drive, popped over to friends etc. The RRE is in the garage, and I used my company 1 series BMW to nip to the shop tonight.

I am going to sleep on it tonight, get up early in the morning to clean it and hopefully fall in love but at the moment the jury is well and truly out on this car.

Sorry there is no pics the weather was awful, and also sorry if this post has bored you. It is just a truly honest opinion from genuine person who tonight is a little deflated by the RRE.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
(This post was last modified: 22-01-2012 08:35am by xxxx5.)
20-01-2012 09:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ceebee

Wow, what a shame........I was blown away with mine when I first picked it up, but maybe all the waiting and issues have taken the edge off for you and you heart is saying yes, but your head is saying stuff it, it ain't worth the hassle!!!!!

Be interesting to read how you feel about it tomorrow.

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
20-01-2012 10:06pm
fam1x

RE: 325 day wait is finally over but........

Wow that's a long wait but worth it. I thought my delivery was late, at least you got a good deal out of it.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
20-01-2012 10:06pm
The Valeter

You have got 12.5 months tax!!

When I bought my new Freelander 2HSE back in November 2009 I was really excited. I spent ages speccing it up & ages on Ebay buying bits (cheaper than the dealers). I even got them to allow me to pre valet it myself & that was in their showroom as I told them I did not want their staff to do it! I went to the dealer the day it was delivered & took photos of it in the workshop prior to PDi etc, kept all the factory stickers/info etc because it was the most expensive car I had bought & the one I had spent the most time speccing up etc but 3 weeks after buying it I was fed up with it!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 20-01-2012 10:15pm by The Valeter.)
20-01-2012 10:08pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MrHooky

Re: 325 day wait is finally over but........

Very interesting read. May I ask spec/colour? Misrerable day and bitter taste following the sd4 mix up aren't going to help either.

Hoping you perk up as we'll gave been waiting pretty much the same time by the time May 12 comes around. A good clean always helps though - some bonding time!

Ps. Is your 1 series a 1M or 135 by any chance (unlikely I know as its a co car!) as I'd have taken the Beemer too if so....!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Fuji Pure eD4 5dr | Fogs | Panoramic | 19" Diamond Polished | Ordered June 11 - Expected May 12
Delivered 19/04/12
20-01-2012 10:14pm
xxxx5

(20-01-2012 10:14pm)MrHooky Wrote:  Very interesting read. May I ask spec/colour? Misrerable day and bitter taste following the sd4 mix up aren't going to help either.

Hoping you perk up as we'll gave been waiting pretty much the same time by the time May 12 comes around. A good clean always helps though - some bonding time!

Ps. Is your 1 series a 1M or 135 by any chance (unlikely I know as its a co car!) as I'd have taken the Beemer too if so....!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Mr Hooky, my spec is in my signature box. Its a big spec. As for the Beemer, no it a 116d M Sport. Enough said!
(20-01-2012 10:08pm)The Valeter Wrote:  You have got 12.5 months tax!!

sorry my mistake - slight typo

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
(This post was last modified: 20-01-2012 10:26pm by xxxx5.)
20-01-2012 10:22pm
EVO PUNDITT

Why 31/12/2013

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
(This post was last modified: 20-01-2012 10:29pm by EVO PUNDITT.)
20-01-2012 10:27pm
xxxx5

(20-01-2012 10:27pm)EVO PUNDITT Wrote:  31/02/2013 Laughing

sorry more typos!!! It hasnt been my day.

20-01-2012 10:29pm
EVO PUNDITT

Mine similar to yours and ordered about the same time,but unlike you I changed my spec from td4 to sd4 and I sure am glad I did and I also changed from white to grey Cool . Sleep on it and tomorrow just enjoy, can't wait to see pic.

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
20-01-2012 10:36pm
WB
WB

It's a shame they messed up the spec and I completely sympathise that issues like that take the shine off the experience and the handover.

Especially as they made no effort to make the handover special which is even more of a shame.

Give it a couple of days and once you've given it a clean stand back and hopefully it'll put a great big smile on your face. You've got a good spec and a good deal so you just need another start with it.

My evoque puts a smile on my face every time I see it - even when I walk past it on my way to work on the tube!!
20-01-2012 10:39pm