Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2nd year service
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: 2nd year service

So your brother has complained and set in motion an investigation into his service - I wonder how many people had their Land Rover products serviced at that dealership and got charged for totally unnecessary items ( and if they were even carried out !) . LR really needs to look into the practises at some if it's franchises as it is this sort of thing that results in all franchises being tarred with the same brush when there are many first class dealerships out there. It is also this sort of behaviour that causes LR to languish in the lower parts of consumer surveys when really they shouldn't be there

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-09-2013 08:57am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

I got the full price of a service refunded on another (non LR) car when it became obvious the work had not been done - they had not refilled the washer fluid and the listing of tyre tread depths and brake pad thicknesses was wrong and included a spare the car does not have. Finally, it turned out they did not change the brake fluid even though it was on the invoice.

I could so easily have just paid and have been none the wiser. To be fair, the service manager worked hard to rectify the situation but you need to keep your wits about you.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
01-10-2013 05:19pm
tetstb

The answer is to not be a cash cow for your stealer and find a very good independent. I'll never use a franchise stealer again for servicing.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2013 01:15am by tetstb.)
02-10-2013 01:15am
oop north

The behaviour of Hunters Preston combined with the pain I had from a D3 (wiring intermittent problem that took about two months to resolve) is why I have a Subaru right now. Three years later I am not over the experience. I gave them the most amazingly negative response on the customer survey but nobody at LR ever showed any inclination to talk to me. Beats me why I am still here, really - though the d3 was great when it worked, and I liked the Evoque I tested a couple of months ago
04-10-2013 09:32pm
speary

(04-10-2013 09:32pm)oop north Wrote:  The behaviour of Hunters Preston combined with the pain I had from a D3 (wiring intermittent problem that took about two months to resolve) is why I have a Subaru right now. Three years later I am not over the experience. I gave them the most amazingly negative response on the customer survey but nobody at LR ever showed any inclination to talk to me. Beats me why I am still here, really - though the d3 was great when it worked, and I liked the Evoque I tested a couple of months ago

I think that the JLR cars are much better now. The problem seems to be choosing a good dealer
Stratstone Bury totally ignored me and my family when we went to look at and purchase an Evoque so went to Williams Manchester who were and continue to be great

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
07-10-2013 08:42am
jbob

2nd year service

Stafford land-rover is doing 2 years servicing for £669, seemed a good price to me.
07-10-2013 02:46pm
PhilSkill

Just been quoted £452 for the second service! Blimey that's nearly the cost of the 5 year service package now... And they do very little more than the £280 I paid last year!

Mind you when they saw my warranty item repair list they probably fell over faster than when I saw their service price! Laughing

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-10-2013 10:04pm
paisan

Sooo, have been ringing round for quotes for 32000 mile ( 2nd service ) . Quite a variation , all non London prices. Have been quoted - pounds - 493, 473, 532, 420 . Discounted prices of 399 (was 473) , 478 (was 523).
All LR service centres to be found on LR website.

There was also mention of suggested but optional service sundries ( engine flush , air con clean and something else I have forgotten at 45 pounds, so if you don't take the sundries that's a reduction immediately of 45 pounds. )
22-11-2013 06:12pm
PhilSkill

Mine came in at £420, Receptionist couldn't work out how to make it up to the £452 quote!

They didn't know what the £20 Drive-in Drive out charge was either Laughing

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
22-11-2013 10:31pm
gw76

£252 for service and £220 for the complusory rear brake pad replacement
Not particularly great customer service I might add.
Now, where is that Macan....
22-11-2013 11:47pm