Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26th March delivery date!
THEMACS

RE: 26th March delivery date!

(11-03-2012 10:13pm)attribute Wrote:  Had a call from the dealer today to say that mine is built, and is being delivered to the dealer next week! So, from being told March 26th delivery, to then being told March 26th is the build date and delivery will be in April, it's now early!

So - good news! Problem is the detailer I was going to use for new vehicle prep in ceramishield can't do it cos he's booked out. Need to see if I can find someone in Lincoln who can slot me in.

Going to also have all the usual products being sold to me - gap insurance?, tyres and alloys insurance? supaguard? finance?

Some ringing around required tomorrow for bargaining ammo, unless any of you guys have some opinions or good/bad experiences.

Any detailers near Lincoln fancy quoting me for a detailing job late this week / early next week?

Getting close now - had 3 new cars in the past, all company cars, delivered on the back of a truck, with the keys chucked in my general direction and never collected a new car from the dealers - hoping its going to be a good experience.

Great News, what build date were you given last? and what updates did you have prior to today?

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
11-03-2012 10:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
attribute

Been pretty slow on updates - but its a busy dealership, and can imagine the run up to March 1st is pretty mental. Am cool with the dates, just seems like its bounced around a bit, and don't feel as though I ever really had a level of confidence in the dates I was being told. Anyway, I'm not really that fussed - I've just got a load of stuff to sort now, in a short space of time, including prepping and concluding the sale of the freelander etc. Slim chance I'll have it for the weekend...

OO: Pure SD4, auto, orkney grey, style 6s, meridian 825, privacy, fogs, mats, pano roof, wipers, lights, puddle mirrors, sp wheel.
Current: A5 2.0tfsi, Freelander SE.
Previous: Lexus is250;Alfa 147 2.0;BMW M3;Audi TT 225;Honda CRX;MG metro;Triumph Spitfire;Citroen 2cv
11-03-2012 10:34pm
ED209

(11-03-2012 10:13pm)attribute Wrote:  Had a call from the dealer today to say that mine is built, and is being delivered to the dealer next week! So, from being told March 26th delivery, to then being told March 26th is the build date and delivery will be in April, it's now early!

So - good news! Problem is the detailer I was going to use for new vehicle prep in ceramishield can't do it cos he's booked out. Need to see if I can find someone in Lincoln who can slot me in.

Going to also have all the usual products being sold to me - gap insurance?, tyres and alloys insurance? supaguard? finance?

Some ringing around required tomorrow for bargaining ammo, unless any of you guys have some opinions or good/bad experiences.

Any detailers near Lincoln fancy quoting me for a detailing job late this week / early next week?

Getting close now - had 3 new cars in the past, all company cars, delivered on the back of a truck, with the keys chucked in my general direction and never collected a new car from the dealers - hoping its going to be a good experience.

Those dates tie in exactly what i was told about my order. I have no idea if mine is turning up early or not. Emailed the dealer 4 days ago, still no reply.
11-03-2012 10:42pm
attribute

Been to dealers to finalise things today, been allocated the reg plate (which I was able to choose from a list) and had the talk about the dealer products.

- ended up getting a fair few - here's the reasoning:
// I've used the tyre insurance in the past, and had value out of it after just 2 claims - figure it has some value.
// Can see the potential benefit of gap insurance in the car's later years - aiming for a three year cycle. I have never had a crash, but it would be good to get full original invoice value back if I did.
// Supaguard can make cleaning the vehicle easier to clean, although I question how much relevance the 'insurance' has got
// scratches / bumps / scrapes insurance - These happen, they just do - mostly by others, but occasionally my myself. so they have some value to me.
// Landrover finance - yes, I'm not stinking rich and need some support

So, which to pick, and what value do you place on them and more importantly what do Landrover charge.

I decided on everything but the supaguard, opting for the cheaper and probably better option of a local detailer.

Before going to the dealer, shop around on the internet for these products. Get printouts, figures, understand the different terms that will be used to baffle you and get like the scouts - be prepared.

The dealers make a big margin on gap insurance - internet quoted me approx £150 for £20K coverage over 3 years. There are probably others out there for a bit cheaper. landrover wanted £450.

Scratch cover was very similar at £250 on internet and at dealer, which gives £750 damage per claim, up to £3000 worth per year.

Tyre cover is similar but was £260 on internet at £350 at dealer.

Initially the LR finance worked out at £50/ month more for a like for like quote. 30 mins of my time and several trips the 'the manager's office' by the salesman saved me hundreds over the life of the deal just by having some alternative quotes to consider. Dealers have plenty of options when it comes to finance guys - they don't have to use the LR finance company.

So, the price of the car may not be discounted much, but the after-care products sure can be - don't be afraid to ask dealers to better what you can get on the open market, and if you don't get the deal you want, walk away and take the alternative. I ended up with the products I wanted at the price I wanted, plus a few other bits and bobs thrown in Smile

Hoping the car will be ready for the weekend, but suspect it'll end up being early next week!

OO: Pure SD4, auto, orkney grey, style 6s, meridian 825, privacy, fogs, mats, pano roof, wipers, lights, puddle mirrors, sp wheel.
Current: A5 2.0tfsi, Freelander SE.
Previous: Lexus is250;Alfa 147 2.0;BMW M3;Audi TT 225;Honda CRX;MG metro;Triumph Spitfire;Citroen 2cv
12-03-2012 09:14pm
THEMACS

We also got a Reg number today but just got given it, no choice!!

Would only consider the GAP insurance from those you have listed and perhaps a service package.

Was told today that the car will be on its way to the dealers this week after passing through QC earlier today, so hopefully get it on Saturday if everything goes wellVery Happy

Just need to sort the insurance which is a bit tricky as we don't have a definite pick up date, may use the free 7 day one but would rather get our own switched over in time.

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
12-03-2012 09:28pm
cjfp

Use the LR freebie insurance for ease and then just make sure you switch within 7 days.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
12-03-2012 09:44pm
THEMACS

(12-03-2012 09:44pm)cjfp Wrote:  Use the LR freebie insurance for ease and then just make sure you switch within 7 days.

But even then don't you need a definite delivery date? How much in advance can you do it?

12-03-2012 09:53pm
cjfp

No, once in the system the dealer can 'activate' it.

I did mine a week or so in advance of collection.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
12-03-2012 09:54pm
THEMACS

(12-03-2012 09:54pm)cjfp Wrote:  No, once in the system the dealer can 'activate' it.

I did mine a week or so in advance of collection.

Sounds good, thanks for the info.

12-03-2012 09:55pm