Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Car Pool
smiler_89

Car Pool

Dear All

I'm currently waiting on an order that was made 7/12/11 and at the time I asked for April delivery at the time they were currently ordering for March but April delivery suited me better in January an update was giving saying it was in 'Holding pool''. This week I asked for a further update but was still informed it was still in the ''Holding pool' and no delivery date has yet been set. I just wanted to know as now getting little excited for delivery, as to when I may expect a delivery. Could I ask for an expected build date or do I have to wait for the car to swim out of the pool?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Peter
10-03-2012 09:38pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Car Pool

As many people experienced, the holding pool is the ultimate unknown Sad
Any build date you ask for now will be guess work. Not until you leave the pool into the actual order queue will you get a date... And even that is likely to change.

I noticed on my paperwork it says my order date was 17th december.... Whereas my order date as far as I was concerned was 1st october Sad

I only got a "firm" build date last week for 30th March... We'll see!

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2012 10:04pm by RacingSnake.)
10-03-2012 10:03pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THEMACS

(10-03-2012 09:38pm)smiler_89 Wrote:  Dear All

I'm currently waiting on an order that was made 7/12/11 and at the time I asked for April delivery at the time they were currently ordering for March but April delivery suited me better in January an update was giving saying it was in 'Holding pool''. This week I asked for a further update but was still informed it was still in the ''Holding pool' and no delivery date has yet been set. I just wanted to know as now getting little excited for delivery, as to when I may expect a delivery. Could I ask for an expected build date or do I have to wait for the car to swim out of the pool?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Peter

Your next stage is leaving the pool and being allocated to Factory, this is where you get an idea of build date and subsequent delivery date, again not set in stone but are normally there or there abouts. We ordered last weekend in June 2011 I think, and got allocated out of the holding pool 23 December 2011, was then given 16 March 2012 as build date which has subsequently come forward by a week.

I would have thought that you won't get an April build date if you are still in the VERY DEEP Pool!! You might get lucky for a May slot though, if I were you I would brace myself for a June 2012 delivery!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2012 10:23pm by THEMACS.)
10-03-2012 10:22pm
LDT

Smiler - I would ask your dealer where you are in the queue, they should be able to give you an approximate indication of your build date.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
10-03-2012 11:46pm
doug

Smiler_89,
Welcome Smile . I take it your dealer is Lookers. Are you with Alex ? He's a top bloke.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
10-03-2012 11:52pm
smiler_89

My been ordered with farnell land rover in leeds a bloke called Nigel Farnell is a co-operative dealer not lookers. Lookers in Colchester is nearest branch where I have been in to look at car didn't deal with Alex if works in Colchester branch I dealt with a young very informative young man james hunt I think he had just started only been there 2 weeks but was very clued up considering (this was back in September though). Thanks for all replies so far. I've emailed farnell to see if they can give me an idea of a build date, or how long till expect one.
11-03-2012 12:18am
smiler_89

Got this to answer my question the wait goes on!!!!

Please see attachment reference the Evoque for the above customer showing at
this stage a delivery to us of the 30th July. As the car is marked as sold
it will come forward but I will keep you posted.

Regards

Nigel

Farnell Land Rover

Nigel P Seed
12-03-2012 01:11pm
ED209

July is a long way down the line for them to be so specific about dates. Mine was origianlly due to be built on 9th marc and i still dont know when i am getting the bloody thing
12-03-2012 01:24pm