Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stadt Panzer

Guys,

My wife got me this for Christmas, I love it and it protects the plastic. [Image: ny2e2ynu.jpg]

Somewhere in the North Sea.
04-01-2014 08:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

RE: 2014

Nah, not a fan of putting covers on things unfortunately,plus it masks the fact that LD still need to address this issue that they have.
Since we are still waiting on a forum member to take delivery of a 2014, can anyone with a 2013, confirm if their key fob still has a rubberised half side?...the side the buttons are on.
We have seen that they changed the other side from shiny finish to matt (see pic below of 2013 matt finish side), so was just wondering if they also changed the button side to a hard finish that won't peel.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2014 06:19am by benzina.)
05-01-2014 06:14am
gw76

The car key plus my other keys are bulky enough in my pocket never mind disguising their design fault with a larger leather cover. Shouldn't be necessary in a relative premium brand and given the state mine is in after 18 months, the ship has already sailed. As I said, I have never once had problems with a disintegrating key fob. Makes you wonder.
05-01-2014 01:46pm
HeartbreakRidge

Heading out for a test drive tomorrow, very excited!

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
Built: March 10, 2014 / Delivery Date (three weeks early!): March 26, 2014
11-01-2014 04:19am
HeartbreakRidge

Well that test drive was a fair bit of fun! I was pleased to see that the heated windscreen has a mesh of very very fine wires that you can kind of see if you look for it, but it's also very easy to not see. I sat in a MY13 before I drive the MY14 and while I can see the difference in the side mirrors, I'm not sure what difference it would make long term.

The heated wheel and seats were big hits with the Wife and Mother in Law, as was the pano roof. I was too busy flinging the Evoque around the highway and testing out the turbo. I do believe I got at least one group of folks in a pickup truck that I blew past pointing and talking. It definitely drove nicely, I felt well connected to the road and got the power when I needed it. Stop/Start worked like a charm, but it's so disconcerting, I'm thinking it will take me a long time to get used to that.

In poking around the menus on the main screen, I found the Eco Data screen which judges your driving (acceleration, speed, and braking) on how fuel efficient it is on a scale of 1 to 5 (from least to most). I am pleased to report I scored a 4.2 on braking, but much much less on the other two. Smile I drove it in Sport mode most of the time, I admit, though it was mostly highway miles.

Now I just have to do the dance with the dealer and see what I can get, when I can get it, and what's the price to be paid.

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
13-01-2014 06:05am
DAF1962

Hello All, new to the Forum and about to dive into the Evoque Owner waters.

The new 2014s have been slow to come to Canada but I have just heard from my LR Dealer that new testers have arrived and pricing has been established for Canada. Going for a test drive on Saturday and will report back. I currently have a 2009 Jag XF SC and will be trading that in, but the one thing I did find in owning a Jag/LR product is that their reliability has been excellent, contrary to apparent past experience. Thus my consideration for another LR Product, and since it is just me driving it I didn't need a larger vehicle like a Sport or LR4.

I am trading the Jag in as I need a 4 season car with good reliability in the snow and I was wondering whether anyone has had a 2014 out in some challenging snowy conditions. I talked my brother into buying a 2013 Evoque and he has a place in Ellicottville, New York and advises that is has performed superbly (and they get some serious snow in those parts). Curious to know whether the Active Driveline is an improvement or perhaps a step back in a bid to improve fuel economy numbers. Welcome any insight.

Cheers.
15-01-2014 10:08pm
HeartbreakRidge

As far as snow, I think the universal recommendation would be to get a separate wheel/tire set with some proper winter tires as the stock Continentals claim to be M&S rated but are much more oriented to the other three seasons of the year than winter.

15-01-2014 10:15pm
DAF1962

Thanks HBR, definitely intend to put snows on the Evoque.

In any event, went for a test drive of a 2014 Evoque this past Saturday and bought one same day. Got a fully loaded Prestige with the following particulars which may prove of interest to others, particularly folks in the US and Canada looking to find out what options are available:

1. MODEL: PRESTIGE, 5 DOOR
2. EXTERIOR COLOUR: IPANEMA SAND (METALLIC)
3. ROOF COLOUR: IPANEMA SAND (METALLIC)
4. INTERIOR: ESPRESSO/IVORY (NOT IVORY/ESPRESSO)
5. HEADLINER: IVORY MORZINE
6. TRIM FINISHER: FIGURED MACASSAR WOOD
7. WHEELS: 20 INCH V-SPOKE SPARKLE FINISH (STYLE 6)

OPTIONS (Some of these items are standard on the Prestige in Canada but I thought I would list them as I know the US has more a la carte options than we do in Canada):

CLIMATE COMFORT PACKAGE (HEATED WINDSHIELD, HEATED MIRRORS, HEATED FRONT SEATS, HEATED REAR SEATS (NEW FOR 2014), HEATED STEERING WHEEL)
ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL (QUEUE ASSIST, FORWARD ALERT, INTELLIGENT EMERGENCY BRAKING)
BLIND SPOT MONITORING
PARK EXIT
PARK ASSIST
825 WATT MERIDIAN SOUND SYSTEM
PANORAMIC ROOF
HDD NAVIGATION SYSTEM
ADAPTIVE/AUTO DIMMING XENON HEADLIGHTS
CLOSING VEHICLE SENSING
SURROUND CAMERA SYSTEM
SATELLITE RADIO
REVERSE TRAFFIC DETECTION
TRAFFIC SIGN RECOGNITION
ADAPTIVE DYNAMICS WITH MAGNERIDE (YES, IT IS AVAILABLE AS AN OPTION IN CANADA ON PRESTIGE)
ALUMINUM PADDLE SHIFTERS
LOAD RETENTION SYSTEM
RUBBER FLOOR MATS

Here is what is not available in Canada and perhaps this will also apply in the US (although HD Radio might be available in the US):

WADE SENSING
HD RADIO OR DAB RADIO
DUAL VIEW SCREEN
DIGITAL TELEVISION

Delivery is expected in 8-10 weeks.

Hope the Forum finds this info helpful.

Cheers, D.
19-01-2014 11:49pm
boundless

(19-01-2014 11:49pm)DAF1962 Wrote:  Thanks HBR, definitely intend to put snows on the Evoque.

In any event, went for a test drive of a 2014 Evoque this past Saturday and bought one same day. Got a fully loaded Prestige with the following particulars which may prove of interest to others, particularly folks in the US and Canada looking to find out what options are available:

1. MODEL: PRESTIGE, 5 DOOR
2. EXTERIOR COLOUR: IPANEMA SAND (METALLIC)
3. ROOF COLOUR: IPANEMA SAND (METALLIC)
4. INTERIOR: ESPRESSO/IVORY (NOT IVORY/ESPRESSO)
5. HEADLINER: IVORY MORZINE
6. TRIM FINISHER: FIGURED MACASSAR WOOD
7. WHEELS: 20 INCH V-SPOKE SPARKLE FINISH (STYLE 6)

OPTIONS (Some of these items are standard on the Prestige in Canada but I thought I would list them as I know the US has more a la carte options than we do in Canada):

CLIMATE COMFORT PACKAGE (HEATED WINDSHIELD, HEATED MIRRORS, HEATED FRONT SEATS, HEATED REAR SEATS (NEW FOR 2014), HEATED STEERING WHEEL)
ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL (QUEUE ASSIST, FORWARD ALERT, INTELLIGENT EMERGENCY BRAKING)
BLIND SPOT MONITORING
PARK EXIT
PARK ASSIST
825 WATT MERIDIAN SOUND SYSTEM
PANORAMIC ROOF
HDD NAVIGATION SYSTEM
ADAPTIVE/AUTO DIMMING XENON HEADLIGHTS
CLOSING VEHICLE SENSING
SURROUND CAMERA SYSTEM
SATELLITE RADIO
REVERSE TRAFFIC DETECTION
TRAFFIC SIGN RECOGNITION
ADAPTIVE DYNAMICS WITH MAGNERIDE (YES, IT IS AVAILABLE AS AN OPTION IN CANADA ON PRESTIGE)
ALUMINUM PADDLE SHIFTERS
LOAD RETENTION SYSTEM
RUBBER FLOOR MATS

Here is what is not available in Canada and perhaps this will also apply in the US (although HD Radio might be available in the US):

WADE SENSING
HD RADIO OR DAB RADIO
DUAL VIEW SCREEN
DIGITAL TELEVISION

Delivery is expected in 8-10 weeks.

Hope the Forum finds this info helpful.

Cheers, D.

Congratulations DAF1962! I am in Toronto as well and have been looking at buying an Evoque.

May I ask what you paid for the car? Which dealership did you buy from?

Thanks,
boundless
23-01-2014 03:21pm
DAF1962

(23-01-2014 03:21pm)boundless Wrote:  Congratulations DAF1962! I am in Toronto as well and have been looking at buying an Evoque.

May I ask what you paid for the car? Which dealership did you buy from?

Thanks,
boundless

I bought from the dealer that sold me my Jag, Coventry North. Prices are pretty hard to negotiate for the Evoque, as it is still very much in demand. All in I got about $3K off the MSRP but a big chunk of that was the JLR Loyalty discount. I must admit that I didn't negotiate very hard, I wanted the Evoque, wanted it loaded and didn't really want to spend a lot of time trying to sweat them with delays or going around to the few JLR dealers in Toronto seeking a better price. It really depends on whether you consider the Evoque good value for money which, as you know, is a very subjective thing.

Good Luck Boundless in your pursuit. IMO the Evoque is a great balance of desirable traits in a vehicle, particularly here in Canada with our weather and, having owned a Jag, I found JLR reliability to be excellent.

Cheers.
23-01-2014 07:36pm