Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2012 Mudfest SUV of the Year is the...
omegabob

2012 Mudfest SUV of the Year is the...

2012 Range Rover Evoque

Hi all! I've been lurking here for a while now researching the Evoque. I'm planning to purchase a new car by the end of the year and the Evoque is currently at the top of the list. Contacted some local dealers today (Philadelphia/East Coast region in the USA) to find out what the time frame would be (based on what I learned here about JLR delaying new orders until March 2013) etc, etc and one actually told me that they are currently taking orders for the 2013 model with a 3 month delay. Didn't believe him at all and... enough about that though as that's not why I decided to post.

I was watching a video review for the new 2013 Acura RDX (another car/SUV on my list - not sure if these are/will be released in the EU but maybe they are rebranded as something else? Like my 2009 Acura TSX is the European Accord?) and heard the reviewer mention the 2012 Mudfest Competition. I Googled it and was pleased with which SUV was the winner so I thought I'd share it since I didn't see any posts about it (if someone did post about this comp, my bad! Mods please feel free to delete this thread)

Anyways, I'm back to lurking and researching! Gratitude for all the good info! Smile
20-04-2012 05:47am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: 2012 Mudfest SUV of the Year is the...

Welcome to the forum Omegabob. The Acura you refer to is and has been available in Europe for many years but is called the Honda CRV over here, they are even built in the UK.

When I googled 2012 Mudfest I got a lot of links to websites for events that I doubt many RRE owners would take their RRE to but then I found this, http://www.portlandtribune.com/features/...3091949000 which I assume is the item omega bob refers to.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 20-04-2012 09:33am by XFullFatTim.)
20-04-2012 09:31am
tetstb

The Accura is bigger than the C-RV and has the new engine and gearbox that we won't get in the EU version of the new C-RV. It also has permanent 4wd, the verson they get is built in Japan

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
(This post was last modified: 20-04-2012 06:20pm by tetstb.)
20-04-2012 09:58am
omegabob

Thanks for the welcome! Smile

And sorry, I should have indicated that I included a link to the mudfest article & the video review I was referring to in my original post. My bad again for not pointing this out.

Ah OK. I was wondering if the RDX was just for the US market or not. Thanks!

Oh, here are some YT vids I discovered from the event:

--- just a video blog so it's not very professional, but you get the idea

--- a local news report, not very interesting

The reviewer of the RDX (the link in my original post) should be posting a more professionally produced video review of the event (he covered the previous years) so I'll link it when available.

**EDIT: typo
(This post was last modified: 20-04-2012 03:50pm by omegabob.)
20-04-2012 03:41pm
PhilSkill

I notice in the top video the Mini uglyman had a bit of an off in the cones!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
20-04-2012 10:34pm
omegabob

The DRIVEN Car Reviews video of the Mudfest 2012 winners has finally been posted!

Here's the linkage: VIDEO FEATURE
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2012 08:21am by omegabob.)
01-05-2012 08:19am
Coolbanana

Very interesting - thanks for that Bob.

Much better result than the Evoque received in our local Which magazine small 4x4 review recently which had the BMW X1 beating it!

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
01-05-2012 09:05am