Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rubber mat set
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Rubber mat set

You can contact Dan by PM and Email from his profile here. The way that most of the sponsors offer discount is to look at your profile and see if you are a one-off poster or a frequent contributor to the forum. Only a handful of posts in a year won't get you any discount.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
07-04-2012 09:49am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

Sorry, mistake on my part. If you only have the fixed tie down eyes, you do NOT need to cut the sides off the plain mat to use them. You only need to do so if you have rails.

In answer to your question, if you never plan to use the tie down points, the tray is better. You never know when you are going to carry a dog which throws up. If you want to use the tie down points - and I hate stuff sliding around - the plain mat is what you need.
(07-04-2012 09:49am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  You can contact Dan by PM and Email from his profile here. The way that most of the sponsors offer discount is to look at your profile and see if you are a one-off poster or a frequent contributor to the forum. Only a handful of posts in a year won't get you any discount.

At 3198 posts and counting Tim, I think your discount is assured...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2012 09:55am by mark_n.)
07-04-2012 09:53am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Thing is Mark there isn't anything I want to add to my car, I'm fine with the carpet mats, don't need roof rails and already have most of the options, although very interested in the social seating system. So no discounts coming my way too soon

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
07-04-2012 10:00am
Donny Dog

(07-04-2012 09:49am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  You can contact Dan by PM and Email from his profile here. The way that most of the sponsors offer discount is to look at your profile and see if you are a one-off poster or a frequent contributor to the forum. Only a handful of posts in a year won't get you any discount.

OK, thanks.

(07-04-2012 09:53am)mark_n Wrote:  In answer to your question, if you never plan to use the tie down points, the tray is better. You never know when you are going to carry a dog which throws up. If you want to use the tie down points - and I hate stuff sliding around - the plain mat is what you need.

We don't have a dog, so that isn't an issue. I can't see us using the tie down points very often, either. What we really need is just something that will protect the carpet from the occasional dirty or damp item we may carry, mucky boots or stuff from the garden centre, for example. We also have the 'flexible load space liner' for bigger items, and I can't see the tray (which is totally fitted) being usable with that, whereas the rubber mat will presumably have the flexibility to cope. (The occasions when we might use the liner and some form of mat together would be when the load was sharp, heavy, or otherwise capable of damaging the liner and/or underlying surface).

I think I'm selling myself the rubber mat here, but it's my wife I have to persuade!
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2012 10:24am by Donny Dog.)
07-04-2012 10:18am
mark_n

(07-04-2012 10:00am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Thing is Mark there isn't anything I want to add to my car, I'm fine with the carpet mats, don't need roof rails and already have most of the options, although very interested in the social seating system. So no discounts coming my way too soon

Re Social Seating, I assume you've seen my thread over on "Modifications"?

Well, I don't have a dog either, I did take a friend's in it and it did throw up, so the tray saved the day.

If you don't want to use the tie down points, I'd say the tray is better. The mat is best to protect the carpet when carrying something heavy, like a car battery which I just did to Halfords.

The "Padded Cell", which covers the entire space is really for the times you get down and dirty and that's not really me.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2012 12:53pm by mark_n.)
07-04-2012 12:48pm
Donny Dog

(07-04-2012 12:48pm)mark_n Wrote:  Well, I don't have a dog either, I did take a friend's in it and it did throw up, so the tray saved the day.

If you don't want to use the tie down points, I'd say the tray is better. The mat is best to protect the carpet when carrying something heavy, like a car battery which I just did to Halfords.

The "Padded Cell", which covers the entire space is really for the times you get down and dirty and that's not really me.

There's no chance of me ever having a dog in the car, so doggy puke is definitely not a risk!

Your car battery comparison is a good one, that's exactly the sort of thing I'm likely to carry occasionally, and I've now gone ahead an ordered the rubber mat from Duckworths. Luckily, I found out only today from Tim (XFFRR) that I could get free postage, so that's saved a few bob as well.Smile. Thanks for your advice everyone!

Incidentally, I've got one of the 'padded cells' (good description!), and found it useful the other day when I collected four wheels with tyres fitted, which all squeezed into the Evoque, but would have rubbed against various tender parts (of the car!) had I not had the boot liner.
07-04-2012 01:08pm
durchy

I ordered my car in February and asked for rubber mats and rubber boot liner to be included.
On the order form the price for mats is £88.62, and boot liner £83.72.
Is there a price differential between dealers?
07-04-2012 01:22pm
Donny Dog

(07-04-2012 01:22pm)durchy Wrote:  I ordered my car in February and asked for rubber mats and rubber boot liner to be included.
On the order form the price for mats is £88.62, and boot liner £83.72.
Is there a price differential between dealers?

Duckworth are cheaper than dealers as they offer a 15% discount on normal LR prices. Given that they also post free to forum members, it's not a bad deal! (Rubber mats work out at £81.60, rubber boot mat at £76.50, both inclusive of VAT). Visit:

Duckworth Evoque parts
07-04-2012 01:38pm