Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2012 Evoque Pure Plus - Mystery Squeak in Dashboard Area (USA)
moofish

2012 Evoque Pure Plus - Mystery Squeak in Dashboard Area (USA)

After 3 attempts with the dealer, still no fix. At speeds above 40mph, and especially noted on windy days, I have a squeak coming from the dashboard area. It sounds like styrofoam rubbing together. I've listened with the sound system off, as well as the climate control system and it always sounds like it is from the dash - instrument panel to the middle of the dash.

The dealer has removed the dash, removed an area in the interior roof of the cabin, and most recently, from looking here, removal and adding material (felt) to the driver side A-Pillar. Today was the first windy day since the A-Pillar fix, no luck, the issue remains.

Well, I'll have to break the news to them, but before I take it back in, I was hoping someone here may have had the same problem and could shed some light on it for the technician at the dealer. I like the Evoque, and I know squeaks are dealership nightmares, but I really would like to fix this annoyance. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2014 06:14pm by moofish.)
18-05-2014 12:49am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: 2012 Evoque Pure Plus - Mystery Squeak in Dashboard Area (USA)

I have not had this problem but I wish you luck in tracking it down.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 18-05-2014 07:30pm by mark_n.)
18-05-2014 11:07am
speary

I have the same issue and the dealer tried some fixes on the A pillar but on the inside. Did you dealer check the external black plastic A pillar cover as I believe that this is what causes the problem, my dealer didn't and I still have the problem

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
19-05-2014 08:45am
moofish

Thanks for the reply. No, I believe the dealer checked the inside A-Pillar, so the outside will be part of the next attempt.
19-05-2014 10:51am
speary

I had a look at mine last night and found that if I move the trim slightly it made a squeaking sound. This stopped when I opened the door. Seems the plastic is squeaking against the rubber door edge. I put some gtechniq c2 on the plastic and the door rubber and it has stopped squeaking. I have yet so see if it cures the noise at speed. Will check tonight on my way home
On a similar note I have seen somewhere that dealers have access to and anti rub/squeak kit which consists of expensive solutions that are applied to offending parts. I found them googling but can't remember what they are called.

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
20-05-2014 08:18am
moofish

(20-05-2014 08:18am)speary Wrote:  I had a look at mine last night and found that if I move the trim slightly it made a squeaking sound. This stopped when I opened the door. Seems the plastic is squeaking against the rubber door edge. I put some gtechniq c2 on the plastic and the door rubber and it has stopped squeaking. I have yet so see if it cures the noise at speed. Will check tonight on my way home
On a similar note I have seen somewhere that dealers have access to and anti rub/squeak kit which consists of expensive solutions that are applied to offending parts. I found them googling but can't remember what they are called.

Thank you for the reply. That will also be added to my list for the dealer to check.
21-05-2014 12:05pm
JoBro

Guy's

I had the same issue, and it turned out to be the outside plastic strips on either side of the windscreen / A-Pillars. They replaced these with new ones, as apprently the original ones had a known issue, such as the noise being discussed, and that under freeway driving / high wind, they would be pushed up and scratch the paint of the body of the car near the roof line and Range Rover has since re-designed them, made them shorter or something, needless to say my styrofoam squeaking sound has gone....

Range Rover Evoque SD4 5 Door Dynamic Manual - Fuji White

Tech Pack, 20' Alloy Style 6, Pano Roof, 825w Meridian System, Adaptive Dynamics, Cold Climate Pack, Adaptive Lights, Automatic High Beam Assist, HomeLink, Park Assist, TPMS, Surround Camera, TV, Blind Spot Monitoring, Thinkware F770 Dashcam
04-06-2014 02:57am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
harry

(04-06-2014 02:57am)JoBro Wrote:  Guy's

I had the same issue, and it turned out to be the outside plastic strips on either side of the windscreen / A-Pillars. They replaced these with new ones, as apprently the original ones had a known issue, such as the noise being discussed, and that under freeway driving / high wind, they would be pushed up and scratch the paint of the body of the car near the roof line and Range Rover has since re-designed them, made them shorter or something, needless to say my styrofoam squeaking sound has gone....

I have got exactly the same - A-pillars covers squeaking and sctratching the roof paint - going to the dealer on Friday with other issue, but this is already on the list...
04-06-2014 07:46am
moofish

Thank you to all for your input. I'll be taking my RRE back in for this issue within the next month or so. The outside A Pillar will definitely be checked. Thanks again!
04-06-2014 10:36am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

At least when you get it back and the service team tells you nothing can be done and that "they are all like that sir" you refer them back to here and tell them that they don't know what they are talking about, fix it! Yes the issue isn't unheard of but very few have suffered it! That's the beauty of Internet forums - you are rarely the only one suffering an issue but then again you know that the issue isn't THAT common and maybe the dealership hasn't come across it yet with the small number of vehicles they may have sold.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2014 11:46am by XFullFatTim.)
04-06-2014 11:44am