Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Evoque...different steering...less feel?
Steve D

RE: New Evoque...different steering...less feel?

This, if true, is taking (lack of) quality control to a new level!

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
07-04-2016 09:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Time to get LRCS involved then.................. Wouldn't be the first time part of a system has been left off an Evoque. As SteveD says QC should have picked that up right at the end of the production line when all the electronic systems are supposedly plugged into a systems tester and simulator just before the car runs off the line.............

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
07-04-2016 10:34pm
AndyFrance

Blooming hell Ric, if JLR have messed up, it's a P take mate..........Hope they sort it quickly............after the wriggling and finger pointing tomorrow.

Not of any help, but I'd try to back it for a full refund.........Mis-sold.

Good luck!
07-04-2016 11:51pm
Ricvifarho

Would fitting the actual Adaptive Dynamics chassis parts be a dealer workshop option or would it mean a different floor pan etc ...I.e. A new car?..! Any thoughts? I do have the button and lights in the cabin??!!

#1...Prestige SD4, Firenze, manual, adaptive dynamics and xenons, pano, black rails...not much else
Del 1/3/12 ,59000 very enjoyable miles
#2...HSE Dynamic TD4180, March 2016, Firenze with Santorini roof, roof rails from #1, auto, adaptive dynamics, pano, adaptive LEDs...Meridian 380W..and heated steering wheel! This is Scotland after all!
08-04-2016 06:22am
Steve D

Definitely not a dealer fit option and I can't see there being a seperate floorpan either. If it's not all there, it's been missed at the factory. Considering the warning lights and messages these cars regularly display, I'm surprised it hasn't had a permanent message on the display!

In the early eighties, I worked in a VW dealership in Cape Town. We had a Golf delivered to us from the production line with no head gasket!

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2016 07:25am by Steve D.)
08-04-2016 07:25am
PhilSkill

Blimey Ric, You certainly would expect it to have issued a Fault code of some kind! It will mean replacing of the 4 Shock absorbers, then if it's been fitted the right looms, to connect up the command line, if they did, that might be all that's required, (plus maybe enabling the system which must have been turned off), but if the wiring is not in place the job could get epic.

I think you might be better off getting a replacement vehicle if you can swing that with the dealer!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
08-04-2016 09:25am
Ricvifarho

Another interesting day in MY16 ownership. Visited dealer, tech advised 'I was mistaken as the wire is in a different place now on the MY16 but you do have Adaptive Dynamics, and it is listed in a different place in the topix list'...I smelled a rat and got a tad heated. Tech offered to put car on ramp and check if there was any software updates for the AD and do a download to send to LR. I sat in the waiting area and composed my rant email to LRCS.
Tech returned said he had uploaded 2 s/w updates and done a download to LR, and suggested a test drive with him accompanying.
Just driving out of the car park the car felt changed..I was seemingly 6 inches lower, ride much more pliant, and steering intuitive on the suburban roundabouts. Commute home was too trafficked to test properly but I now reckon I have AD installed, it is like the MY12 but with the torquey smooth Ingenium.
I will get details from the tech of the 2 s/w updates so others who think they have AD can check it is working as it should. Tomorrow I will give it a proper thrash.
I will complain that the dealer should surely check for updates at the PDI.??

#1...Prestige SD4, Firenze, manual, adaptive dynamics and xenons, pano, black rails...not much else
#2...HSE Dynamic TD4180, March 2016, Firenze with Santorini roof, roof rails from #1, auto, adaptive dynamics, pano, adaptive LEDs...Meridian 380W..and heated steering wheel! This is Scotland after all!
08-04-2016 09:54pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

That shouldn't be an issue with the dealership, if you go on the factory visit they make a point of showing you the car being connected up to a computer to have all the software systems installed at the end of the production line. The software downloaded will be done to the spec of the car as read from all the bar coded job sheets stuck on the car throughout its passage along the production line. The problem will be one on the production line not at the PDi as a PDI theses days is not the complex "service" that it was 10 years ago, basically it is a check over of the exterior for obvious damage, removal of the transportation protection bits and a wash over and polish. Everything else is done at the QC Centre where the cars are stored after they roll off the line. So how the software could have been missed off will not be a dealership issue - after all they get 2 hours to prep a car for hand over to its new owner, that's all. It would show on the job sheet that your car was specced with Dynamic suspension so the system knows to have the Magnaride dampers waiting at the right time on the line and the correct software, it appear that your car was built with the right dampers but incorrect/ corrupt software.................. Or that the dealership apprentice assigned to do the PDI forgot to remove some of the transportation inserts from the wheel arches ........
Glad that your car is now fixed but it is worrying that there is the possibility of corrupted / incorrect software being installed into the various ECUs.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2016 08:17am by XFullFatTim.)
09-04-2016 08:13am
Ricvifarho

Thanks for the info Tim.
Just done a good 20 mile thrash on fave B roads and it is handling indeed fine. Will now carry more speed through various bends than the MY12. As mentioned by others the torque vectoring can seemingly be felt on long sweepers when you are pressing on.

Will chase down the s/w update info. Thanks to all for support.

(Still on for the Macan 2nd test with wife on 23rd Andy,..as you predicted it would be a dangerous thing to try it out...)

09-04-2016 05:01pm