babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Rear wiper blade £29 - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Maintenance (/Forum-Maintenance)
+--- Thread: Rear wiper blade £29 (/Thread-Rear-wiper-blade-29)

Rear wiper blade £29 - iwf - 22-12-2015 12:39pm

I know I've not driven a car for 10 years and never had a RR before but seriously after only 3200 miles from new and on its first service, I'm presented with bill for £29 for a replacement rear wiper blade.

Can this be true ?

RE: Rear wiper blade £29 - duckworthparts - 22-12-2015 01:44pm

rear wiper blade RRP is £11.51+VAT

RE: Rear wiper blade £29 - PhilSkill - 22-12-2015 02:09pm

I think you've been mugged!

My dealer would never change something like that without clearing it and the price with me first. In fact if it wasn't on the worksheet you signed before you left the car with them then a formal complaint should be made to the service manager!

RE: Rear wiper blade £29 - iwf - 22-12-2015 03:22pm

To be fair they did ring me first.

In future should I be then saying "you're having a laugh aren't you" and quote the Duckworth price, or perhaps even saying "bugger off, I'll fix it myself"?

I was just astonished Lookers would charge such a high figure.

RE: Rear wiper blade £29 - PhilSkill - 22-12-2015 04:48pm

Well £11.51 + 10 mins labour + VAT would make £29. Or was that £29 without labour?

My question would be why does it need one after 3200 miles... and would almost expect it under warranty if it's gone faulty!

It's always difficult as they are there doing the job with the car, and just hope you say fine do it, as it's minimal hassle for you (Maximum profit for them). I got caught the same with a Tyre, once they have the car at an MOT centre and say you have a buldge in your tyre, it becomes a pain to say no i'll take it away and get a tyre myself and bring it back and re-book etc etc, so you end up paying top whack for something you could have got at half the price... so always pays to check what you can yourself first.

RE: Rear wiper blade £29 - iwf - 22-12-2015 10:06pm

As you say, they're half way through the service and can I really be bothered?

I think I will ask though, if it's usual for a wiper blade, used perhaps a dozen times over the year, to fail.

RE: Rear wiper blade £29 - m_101 - 22-12-2015 10:11pm

Yeah I've previously taken the original off and replaced the rubber bit with a silicone refill - works better, no judder. about to do the same to the fronts when the refills arrive.

RE: Rear wiper blade £29 - PhilSkill - 22-12-2015 10:20pm

(22-12-2015 10:06pm)iwf Wrote:  I think I will ask though, if it's usual for a wiper blade, used perhaps a dozen times over the year, to fail.

Mines been on over 4 years!

RE: Rear wiper blade £29 - iwf - 04-01-2016 03:54pm

So in a coda to this, I went to pick the car up on Christmas Eve and the £29 wiper blade was actually charged at £14.

At first I thought I must have misheard the service chap when he rang up to quote me the cost. Then I began to wonder whether someone from the dealership was active on the site. I do see they are an advertiser. Not a bad idea to ensure you hear about any bad press on thee site.

Well done babyRR. you've saved me £15 Smile

RE: Rear wiper blade £29 - 5jms5 - 04-01-2016 07:20pm

IWF
That is a great result a small donation to babyRR may be in order!