babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Mirror dip on reverse speed sensitive.? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Mirror dip on reverse speed sensitive.? (/Thread-Mirror-dip-on-reverse-speed-sensitive)

Mirror dip on reverse speed sensitive.? - borbor1313 - 20-11-2015 01:46pm

Just notice this today . I think the angle of mirror dipping is speed sensitive. Have had the car over 18 months now and never noticed it before as alway reversing slowly so mirror set to maximum downward tilt. When doing a faster reverse mirror angle comes up and as you slow down tilts further back down again . Pretty cool !!

RE: Mirror dip on reverse speed sensitive.? - bee - 20-11-2015 04:52pm

so they do, always something to learn with an evoque bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

RE: Mirror dip on reverse speed sensitive.? - markdartj - 23-11-2015 12:34am

I didn't know that either, but I have that feature turned off. It got annoying.

RE: Mirror dip on reverse speed sensitive.? - walterwindbag - 23-11-2015 01:06pm

(20-11-2015 01:46pm)borbor1313 Wrote:  Just notice this today . I think the angle of mirror dipping is speed sensitive. Have had the car over 18 months now and never noticed it before as alway reversing slowly so mirror set to maximum downward tilt. When doing a faster reverse mirror angle comes up and as you slow down tilts further back down again . Pretty cool !!

My understanding was that the mirrors flip back up if you go faster than 7mph (I think!)

RE: Mirror dip on reverse speed sensitive.? - Nickj - 04-12-2015 08:56pm

(23-11-2015 01:06pm)walterwindbag Wrote:  My understanding was that the mirrors flip back up if you go faster than 7mph (I think!)

I turned this on the other day and it dipped both mirrors which is just annoying. All previous cars just dip passenger side.

Does it always do both mirrors or have I set it up wrong?

RE: Mirror dip on reverse speed sensitive.? - PhilSkill - 04-12-2015 11:24pm

You can adjust the dipping position while they are dipped which will get remembered (unless you have an MY16!!!) or turn the feature off in the menus

RE: Mirror dip on reverse speed sensitive.? - Nickj - 05-12-2015 09:53am

Ah, ok. So I guess it's set for both to go down, so if I move the drivers side up it will stay there and leave the passenger dipped. Thanks

RE: Mirror dip on reverse speed sensitive.? - Koidream - 07-12-2015 11:05am

Why not reading the manual? It is explained perfectly.