babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
5 year service pack - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: 5 year service pack (/Thread-5-year-service-pack)

5 year service pack - ms1980 - 12-08-2015 09:58am

I've ordered a 2016 my 2l diesel hse. I probably do around 6k miles a year and originally planned to change it after 3 years for something bigger. My question is with the 21k/2 year service intervals I'll probably only have one service if I stick to that plan however do you think it would be wise to buy it as I expect that service will cost circa £450 therefore for another £50 there will be 2 years servicing attached to the car which will help resale. Thoughts?

RE: 5 year service pack - Tony - 12-08-2015 10:21am

(12-08-2015 09:58am)ms1980 Wrote:  I've ordered a 2016 my 2l diesel hse. I probably do around 6k miles a year and originally planned to change it after 3 years for something bigger. My question is with the 21k/2 year service intervals I'll probably only have one service if I stick to that plan however do you think it would be wise to buy it as I expect that service will cost circa £450 therefore for another £50 there will be 2 years servicing attached to the car which will help resale. Thoughts?

I have the 5 year service pack because it was bundled in with the deal and I was going to keep the car for 4 years so it was worth having. I am now getting rid of the car after 13 months, the service pack only helps if you manage to sell privately. With px, the dealer is not that interested as they want to sell the next owner another service pack, or better for them, charge for each service.

RE: 5 year service pack - Good shot - 12-08-2015 08:14pm

(12-08-2015 10:21am)Tony Wrote:  I have the 5 year service pack because it was bundled in with the deal and I was going to keep the car for 4 years so it was worth having. I am now getting rid of the car after 13 months, the service pack only helps if you manage to sell privately. With px, the dealer is not that interested as they want to sell the next owner another service pack, or better for them, charge for each service.

My five year service pack is transferable to the next owner?

RE: 5 year service pack - Tony - 12-08-2015 08:16pm

(12-08-2015 08:14pm)Good shot Wrote:  My five year service pack is transferable to the next owner?

So is mine if I do a private sale but with a px its if the dealer chooses to transfer it.