babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
occasional rattling noise on acceleration - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: occasional rattling noise on acceleration (/Thread-occasional-rattling-noise-on-acceleration)

occasional rattling noise on acceleration - ranand - 11-08-2015 02:00am

Hello, I am new to the Baby RR forum and appreciate any advice with regard to my problem. Very Happy

I have a 2012 Evoque and recently found that when I accelerate hard around 60-80km, there is a rattling noise. I have taken it in and the technician said he heard it (once with me and again on another occasion) but couldn't replicate the issue or determine the cause. Anyone had this issue or know what it might be? I am off warranty in another 5 km so I want this rectified.

Reena

RE: occasional rattling noise on acceleration - Stadt Panzer - 11-08-2015 08:40am

Sorry Reena not heard of before, does the noise come from the engine bay or could it be the exhaust? Does it then go away once you hit 90km?

RE: occasional rattling noise on acceleration - ranand - 11-08-2015 02:02pm

I think it is coming from the engine and it happens briefly-3-5 seconds on acceleration and then goes away

(11-08-2015 08:40am)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  Sorry Reena not heard of before, does the noise come from the engine bay or could it be the exhaust? Does it then go away once you hit 90km?

occasional rattling noise on acceleration - Stadt Panzer - 11-08-2015 04:06pm

Could be the manifold heat shield that could be loose.

RE: occasional rattling noise on acceleration - HotLap - 14-08-2015 03:31pm

Could it be pinging from the engine? This will happen when it's hot out and if you aren't using the proper fuel. Pings (which can sound like a rattle) upon hard accel then tapers off as engine revs increase..