babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Parking sensor volumes - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Parking sensor volumes (/Thread-Parking-sensor-volumes)

Parking sensor volumes - Clip - 06-08-2015 08:52am

Seems I have a problem with the front proximity sensor beeps. When they start beeping, to hear them I have turn the volume up nearly full. But then when I reverse and the rear ones sound off, they are ear splitting loud. So have to adjust volume down again. Seems I have to put up with not hearing the fronts. Is this normal, or is there a problem just with mine?

RE: Parking sensor volumes - wheels - 06-08-2015 10:42am

I have to put mine in reverse and then back to drive to get the front sensors to "work"

RE: Parking sensor volumes - Clip - 06-08-2015 11:04am

Yes, I believe the front sensors only sound if you switch them on manually each time (which I do), unless you have been reversing when they work automatically. When I manually switch them on, the screen pops up too, but can only just hear them.

RE: Parking sensor volumes - Stadt Panzer - 06-08-2015 04:58pm

There are sound levels for front and rear (I think). Going into the car setup menu and look for sound levels or something like that and you can set them to what you find best.

RE: Parking sensor volumes - bee - 06-08-2015 05:11pm

(06-08-2015 04:58pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  There are sound levels for front and rear (I think). Going into the car setup menu and look for sound levels or something like that and you can set them to what you find best.

adjust volume with radio volume switch but only when the beeps are on. the fronts have to bee switched on manually.
if that makes sense.Confused

RE: Parking sensor volumes - jitenc - 07-08-2015 12:22am

Strange, but when I put the car in reverse, there is a continuous sound, which carries on when in drive mode as well. It only turns off when the car picks up speed to 5mph. It never used to happen before. Is one of the sensors faulty or is this normal?

RE: Parking sensor volumes - Wokie - 07-08-2015 10:52am

Hello jitenc,
did you check if one of the sensor is covered with mud or something else?

RE: Parking sensor volumes - Stadt Panzer - 07-08-2015 01:12pm

(07-08-2015 10:52am)Wokie Wrote:  Hello jitenc,
did you check if one of the sensor is covered with mud or something else?

Otherwise is founds as if its faulty.

RE: Parking sensor volumes - Clip - 08-08-2015 12:30am

(06-08-2015 05:11pm)bee Wrote:  adjust volume with radio volume switch but only when the beeps are on.
Yep do that when the front beeps are on, but have to turn the volume up full to hear it. Then when I go into reverse its blaring. Seems the front and rear share the same volume setting, but for some reason the fronts are somehow muted. I'll have to get it checked by the dealer, seems there is a problem if you guys aren't working the same way.