babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Passive entry q! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Passive entry q! (/Thread-Passive-entry-q)

Passive entry q! - Nickj - 25-07-2015 09:05pm

Probably being a bit thick but read the owners manual and still not clear.

So, passive entry, walk up to car, grab handle and all good.

Locking it, is where I'm a bit confused.

Does it lock automatically if I walk away from car or is the only way of locking it by touching the handle on the two vertical lines! ?

RE: Passive entry q! - wheels - 26-07-2015 12:23am

Or press the locksymbol on the smart key

RE: Passive entry q! - Mark^^ - 26-07-2015 03:44am

You touching the handle on the two vertical lines, once to lock and then again to arm the motion alarm. After you do it a second time the horn will sound. Then walk away.

RE: Passive entry q! - RacingSnake - 26-07-2015 08:25am

(26-07-2015 03:44am)Mark^^ Wrote:  You touching the handle on the two vertical lines, once to lock and then again to arm the motion alarm. After you do it a second time the horn will sound. Then walk away.
the second sounds a 'beep' in the UK rather than the horn Smile

RE: Passive entry q! - Nickj - 26-07-2015 08:52am

Thanks. I've worked out all the above.

I suppose my question is does it lock if I just walk away from the car with key?

Or does it require some sort of manual intervention?

RE: Passive entry q! - recordman - 26-07-2015 04:22pm

No, it won't lock if you just walk away with the key. You have to either touch a door handle as described above or press the lock button on the fob, twice if you want to double lock it.

RE: Passive entry q! - Nickj - 26-07-2015 06:56pm

(26-07-2015 04:22pm)recordman Wrote:  No, it won't lock if you just walk away with the key. You have to either touch a door handle as described above or press the lock button on the fob, twice if you want to double lock it.

Ok, that's clear then. Can stop starring out of the window now to see if it's going to lock it self!

RE: Passive entry q! - DVFlyer - 27-07-2015 02:01pm

Would love to see a passive arming option added via a software update.

RE: Passive entry q! - michail1 - 02-08-2015 02:04am

I would love to see that option added or an add-on as well.

Got tired of waiting for a tailgate software update, so I installed the mod like others have done.

RE: Passive entry q! - Tommomak - 02-08-2015 12:33pm

Are all the Evoques passive opening? I've always used the key to lock and unlock mine. Something g I didn't know about until reading this