babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Rear Brake Replacement - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Maintenance (/Forum-Maintenance)
+--- Thread: Rear Brake Replacement (/Thread-Rear-Brake-Replacement)

Rear Brake Replacement - TuanAnh - 12-05-2015 04:17pm

Hello all,
Great forum! Just a question out of curiosity. I've just had my 3rd yearly servicing and was informed I had 15% left on the rear brakes. They have informed me that I need the pads, rotor and sensor all replaced. I am currently sitting at 44,400km's. This seems extremely early to have brakes replaced. The quoted cost was approx. $1060CDN.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Is this the typical 'wear' that I should be expecting going forward?

RE: Rear Brake Replacement - bee - 12-05-2015 05:23pm

(12-05-2015 04:17pm)TuanAnh Wrote:  Hello all,
Great forum! Just a question out of curiosity. I've just had my 3rd yearly servicing and was informed I had 15% left on the rear brakes. They have informed me that I need the pads, rotor and sensor all replaced. I am currently sitting at 44,400km's. This seems extremely early to have brakes replaced. The quoted cost was approx. $1060CDN.

Has anyone had a similar experience? Is this the typical 'wear' that I should be expecting going forward?
I had my rear pads replaced at 37,000. rotor and sensor were left alone.

RE: Rear Brake Replacement - TuanAnh - 12-05-2015 05:25pm

(12-05-2015 05:23pm)bee Wrote:  I had my rear pads replaced at 37,000. rotor and sensor were left alone.

Thanks for the info. Is that Miles or KM's?

RE: Rear Brake Replacement - moofish - 12-05-2015 05:26pm

For me it is. After 2.5 yrs and around 36,000 miles - back pads, sensor and rotors. LR quoted approx $800.00 (US). I got a local tire shop to do the same for $616.00 (US). They had to use premium pads and rotors - cheaper aftermarket parts were not available. The back will wear quicker than the front. I believe it has to do with the electronic parking brake.