babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
oil filter.....piping in the way. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Maintenance (/Forum-Maintenance)
+--- Thread: oil filter.....piping in the way. (/Thread-oil-filter-piping-in-the-way)

oil filter.....piping in the way. - exigejoe - 28-03-2015 02:42pm

Want to start doing my oil changes and i notice that piping is in the way of the oil filter. I was just wondering what is the correct way to remove the oil filter with this in the way? Thanks!

RE: oil filter.....piping in the way. - mstraka - 28-03-2015 06:46pm

(28-03-2015 02:42pm)exigejoe Wrote:  Want to start doing my oil changes and i notice that piping is in the way of the oil filter. I was just wondering what is the correct way to remove the oil filter with this in the way? Thanks!

That shouldn’t be a problem. Isn’t this a coolant (flexible rubber) hose? I’ve changed the oil on mine a number of times and I just push it to the side when I extract the oil filter. Is that you in the picture? If so I'll be happy to personally show you how its done.

RE: oil filter.....piping in the way. - exigejoe - 28-03-2015 08:56pm

No thats my wife!

RE: oil filter.....piping in the way. - HotLap - 31-03-2015 09:09pm

(28-03-2015 06:46pm)mstraka Wrote:  Is that you in the picture? If so I'll be happy to personally show you how its done.

LOL!

RE: oil filter.....piping in the way. - jellyfish - 21-09-2016 09:31am

(28-03-2015 02:42pm)exigejoe Wrote:  Want to start doing my oil changes and i notice that piping is in the way of the oil filter. I was just wondering what is the correct way to remove the oil filter with this in the way? Thanks!

The offending pipe is the turbo intercooler pipe, there is a small plastic J hook plastic supporting the rubber pipe, you can remove them to better push the piping away so as to access the oil filter