babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Another Cabin Lighting question... - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Another Cabin Lighting question... (/Thread-Another-Cabin-Lighting-question)

Another Cabin Lighting question... - HotLap - 04-03-2015 06:30am

I have a brand new 2015 Evoque Prestige and the dome lights will not light when I open the doors? I have read the OM and tried the overhead console (pushing on the light lense) but to no avail, all I can get them to do is come on manually when I touch the front overhead lense...do we not have interior dome lights that come on when we open the doors?

Sorry to be a PIA, but this is a bit baffling to me.

RE: Another Cabin Lighting question... - super7 - 04-03-2015 08:11am

Enjoy the car!

You need to touch and hold the centre light (i.e. not the map lights) on the overhead console for 2-3 seconds - this toggles between automatic and manual interior lights.

RE: Another Cabin Lighting question... - HotLap - 04-03-2015 06:33pm

(04-03-2015 08:11am)super7 Wrote:  Enjoy the car!

You need to touch and hold the centre light (i.e. not the map lights) on the overhead console for 2-3 seconds - this toggles between automatic and manual interior lights.

Embarrassed wow do I feel dumb, thanks again for the clarification super, much appreciated!

RE: Another Cabin Lighting question... - Dinga - 07-03-2015 09:23pm

Don't feel bad. This happened to me last week. Not sure who was playing with the lights in the first place. Probably me but I don't remember holding my finger on the light for over 2 seconds to turn it off.

RE: Another Cabin Lighting question... - DVFlyer - 09-03-2015 02:49pm

HA.... was just searching for this same thing. Had the Evo in for service and noticed the dome lights didn't turn/ stay on like they used to.

Love the easy fixes.

RE: Another Cabin Lighting question... - Byhorsebytram - 09-03-2015 11:12pm

This point is buried somewhere in the owner manual but not, I think, on the short get started pamphlet. Thank heavens for this site. It's like having an expert on 24/7 call. So useful. Glad I joined (today).