babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
1st Service - Fuel system flush - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: 1st Service - Fuel system flush (/Thread-1st-Service-Fuel-system-flush)

1st Service - Fuel system flush - kriswilson - 10-02-2015 02:45pm

Afternoon guys,

Just booked my SD4 Evoque in for its first service, got the service plan so looking forward to not having to fork out too much.

One thing that the service agent said though was that Land Rover recommend a complete fuel system flush and that this would result in better fuel economy, this additional procedure will be £39.99. Can anyone confirm that Land Rover do recommend this ? I cant see anything online.

I'm more than happy to pay the £39.99 to keep the car running well but want to make sure its not just smoke and mirrors.

Thanks,
Kris

RE: 1st Service - Fuel system flush - PhilSkill - 10-02-2015 03:05pm

Cant say I've come across this in the 3 services I've had, it may just mean they add some fuel injector cleaner to the fuel, I have had this done on my Previous car at a service, although after a year not sure it'll really be necessary, can't imagine it's that clogged up!

RE: 1st Service - Fuel system flush - Shakeyjake - 10-02-2015 04:06pm

My one is due the 1st of march and got asked the same thing. I politely declined as i have never heard of this being really needed before. My 13 year old discovery i am pretty sure has not needed this and it still runs perfectly.

RE: 1st Service - Fuel system flush - bee - 10-02-2015 05:05pm

I recon a fuel filter change would bee more than enough.

RE: 1st Service - Fuel system flush - recordman - 10-02-2015 07:17pm

I would politely decline too, it's just a way of removing £39.99 from your pocket into theirs.

RE: 1st Service - Fuel system flush - Tony - 10-02-2015 07:32pm

Since 2008 I have owned FL2 and 2 x Evoques with this engine and never been offered fuel system flush at service time. No doubt £39.99 for a £3.99 bottle of stuff they just pour in the tank.

Another dealer scam like charging £3.99 in addition to the standard service for topping up the screen washer bottle - when you took the car in with it full!!

RE: 1st Service - Fuel system flush - Wife's car - 10-02-2015 07:40pm

My first service didn't incude this neither was I asked or told about it, was the service agent wearing a mask and a stripy shirt when he mentioned it.

RE: 1st Service - Fuel system flush - MrNoo - 11-02-2015 12:01pm

At neither my 1st nor 2nd service was I offered this. However I was offered it when booking the 3rd service but for £24.99 inc VAT