babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Disable screen turn off - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Tips & Tricks (/Forum-Tips-Tricks)
+--- Thread: Disable screen turn off (/Thread-Disable-screen-turn-off)

Disable screen turn off - Jad22 - 24-12-2014 01:37pm

I realise that leaving the centre command screen on when parked and the engine off will deplete the battery, but what if I'm waiting in a car park for a passenger. Can you prevent the auto turn off of the system so I can listen to the radio. I've searched the forum and the manual but can't find any reference.
Regards and Merry Xmas to all.

RE: Disable screen turn off - bee - 24-12-2014 03:34pm

(24-12-2014 01:37pm)Jad22 Wrote:  I realise that leaving the centre command screen on when parked and the engine off will deplete the battery, but what if I'm waiting in a car park for a passenger. Can you prevent the auto turn off of the system so I can listen to the radio. I've searched the forum and the manual but can't find any reference.
just press the on off radio switch and it will restart radio, you can keep restarting it this way.
but not continuous.Confused have a good one.

RE: Disable screen turn off - sorcerer - 24-12-2014 04:16pm

(24-12-2014 01:37pm)Jad22 Wrote:  I realise that leaving the centre command screen on when parked and the engine off will deplete the battery, but what if I'm waiting in a car park for a passenger. Can you prevent the auto turn off of the system so I can listen to the radio. I've searched the forum and the manual but can't find any reference.
Unfortunately, the radio/TV will turn off after quite a short period....10 mins or so, with the engine switched off. This is supposed to preserve battery power, but is a bit of a pain at times if you are watching the TV, as it takes ages to start up again.
Obviously, if the engine is running then it will not turn itself off.