babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Alternatives to OEM 19" tires? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Maintenance (/Forum-Maintenance)
+--- Thread: Alternatives to OEM 19" tires? (/Thread-Alternatives-to-OEM-19-tires)

Alternatives to OEM 19" tires? - fstfwd - 23-12-2014 06:27am

I have a 2012 pure premium, with 235/55 r19 105V Continental Cross Contact UHP tires. They worn down incredibly fast, only 24k on them! Leasing the car and already have to replace them, meh.

First, I was surprised that these are not all season tires, and I'm also worried I'll get equal mileage on the next set. Does anyone have a good recommendation for alternatives in the same size?

The closest match I found was a Continental Cross Contact LX Sport, they are coming out with a 105V (currently that size is only a 101H) which will hopefully handle we,,. Some reviews on the current models have been encouraging - but somewhat mixed. The Pirelli Verde all season got pretty low scores...

I appreciate the suggestions, need to order this week if possible.

RE: Alternatives to OEM 19" tires? - Doody - 23-12-2014 03:20pm

will watch this thread myself. when my snows come off in march i'll need a new summer or all-season set.

was leaning towards the scorpions (pirellis have never let me down before), but hadn't really done my research yet.

doody.

RE: Alternatives to OEM 19" tires? - fstfwd - 23-12-2014 03:54pm

For reference, here are some of the ones I was considering...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=Scorpion+Verde+All+Season+Plus&partnum=355VR9SVASPXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&tab=Reviews

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=CrossContact+LX+Sport

RE: Alternatives to OEM 19" tires? - fstfwd - 23-12-2014 04:59pm

After much deliberation (and the need to just decided already), I went with the Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus A/S tire, in the 235/55R19 105V spec. Bang for the buck (at $185/ea) I think they will be a great alternative to the overpriced Continentals, that wore down incredibly fast, plus these come with a 65k mile tread warranty! That's pretty amazing, and hopefully that doesn't translate into a sacrifice in traction.

I have 30 days to put them through their paces – hoping to get a little light snow to try them out in the next few weeks.

RE: Alternatives to OEM 19" tires? - bee - 23-12-2014 09:19pm

(23-12-2014 04:59pm)fstfwd Wrote:  After much deliberation (and the need to just decided already), I went with the Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus A/S tire, in the 235/55R19 105V spec. Bang for the buck (at $185/ea) I think they will be a great alternative to the overpriced Continentals, that wore down incredibly fast, plus these come with a 65k mile tread warranty! That's pretty amazing, and hopefully that doesn't translate into a sacrifice in traction.

I have 30 days to put them through their paces – hoping to get a little light snow to try them out in the next few weeks.
I think you will bee happy with them, and they will do good mileage. Cool

RE: Alternatives to OEM 19" tires? - PhilSkill - 23-12-2014 11:06pm

I've run mine on both 19" Continental Cross Contact and Pirelli Scorpion Verde, and prefer the Pirelli's, better handling and less boom noise, neither wore quick though.