babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
2.0 Evoque ECM / Engine ECU / Remapping - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: 2.0 Evoque ECM / Engine ECU / Remapping (/Thread-2-0-Evoque-ECM-Engine-ECU-Remapping)

2.0 Evoque ECM / Engine ECU / Remapping - markt553 - 12-12-2014 02:05pm

I am new here. Hi!
Looking to check on the Engine ECU / ECM with regards to remapping, but I can't find the ECU!! Am I blind or can someone help me locate it? Please?

Thanks,
Mark.

RE: 2.0 Evoque ECM / Engine ECU / Remapping - infinity - 12-12-2014 02:22pm

(12-12-2014 02:05pm)markt553 Wrote:  I am new here. Hi!
Looking to check on the Engine ECU / ECM with regards to remapping, but I can't find the ECU!! Am I blind or can someone help me locate it? Please?

Thanks,
Mark.

Hi,

The ECM is located at the rear of the engine compartment, between the bulkhead and the engine sound insulation. The ECM is located in a plastic molded carrier which in turn is located in a bracket attached to the vehicle structure. Hope you can locate it.

cheers

RE: 2.0 Evoque ECM / Engine ECU / Remapping - PhilSkill - 12-12-2014 02:56pm

Hi MArk, As an aside, You can re-map over OBD, you don't need to access the ECU...?

2.0 Evoque ECM / Engine ECU / Remapping - genericd - 12-12-2014 04:16pm

Coming from a Ford background where you can program over obd, I'm really interested in options too. I'm going to reach out to the tuner who helped me with my Focus ST. Same engine more or less but a different ecu I believe. I'll post any response I get

RE: 2.0 Evoque ECM / Engine ECU / Remapping - markt553 - 12-12-2014 06:09pm

Thanks guys. I was aware you can remap over OBD, but also just wondering where the ECU / ECM is?

RE: 2.0 Evoque ECM / Engine ECU / Remapping - infinity - 13-12-2014 12:18pm

(12-12-2014 06:09pm)markt553 Wrote:  Thanks guys. I was aware you can remap over OBD, but also just wondering where the ECU / ECM is?

Mark,

Keep us updated on the remap.