babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Hatch linking into boot space - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Hatch linking into boot space (/Thread-Hatch-linking-into-boot-space)

Hatch linking into boot space - iwf - 15-08-2014 02:04pm

i've a Dynamic on order, but have question about loading skis in the boot.

Several car's I've hired over the years have had a hatch at the back of the rear central arm rest, to allow long pieces of wood, or in my case a set of skis to be loaded without dropping either part of the 60/40 rear seat.

Anyone ever done this or thought about it?

Regards

Hatch linking into boot space - Stadt Panzer - 16-08-2014 10:00am

There is no option for that on the Evoque (asked the same question myself to LR). Never heard of anyone trying to do it.

RE: Hatch linking into boot space - iwf - 16-08-2014 03:44pm

I guess technically it wouldn't be too difficult. Mine doesn't arrive until Oct so I can't tell. I'm assuming the back behind the arm rest isn't that thick.

Hatch linking into boot space - Stadt Panzer - 16-08-2014 07:05pm

No it's not but you'd have to cut out a hole through the plastic and material coating that LR have used on the back of the seats. Not sure how that will look afterwards?

When you get the car in Oct have a look and if you do anything take some photos and share Wink

RE: Hatch linking into boot space - Redrob - 16-08-2014 07:57pm

I would think about a roof rack, before I went cutting holes in the back of seats.

RE: Hatch linking into boot space - iwf - 16-08-2014 10:49pm

Roof rack, yep, plan one of those too Smile

We will see.