babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Sat Nav Delay - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Sat Nav Delay (/Thread-Sat-Nav-Delay)

Sat Nav Delay - FL2BJW - 18-07-2014 11:53pm

Noticed recently that my Sat Nav is delayed, enough that if you are looking for a motorway or A road exit and there are more than close together, its possible to miss the turning you want. Has anyone else got or had this problem?

RE: Sat Nav Delay - bee - 19-07-2014 04:48pm

yep same here. expensive under spec sat nav.

RE: Sat Nav Delay - Wife's car - 19-07-2014 06:50pm

I have a MY 13 Pure Tech Sat Nav is fine...not the best and not the worst, but I do feel that JLR or Navtech whose unit it is could update the software to improve things

RE: Sat Nav Delay - FL2BJW - 19-07-2014 11:07pm

Thanks for the replies. Mine is also a MY13 Pure Tech? Its due its first service in September so I will ask the dealer to check it.

RE: Sat Nav Delay - jitenc - 17-08-2014 06:35am

I am surprised no improvement on the satnav department from my 2011 model.
Drove the car into Central London yesterday with the Satnav showing major routes with ETA of 20 mins.
I had an app on my phone which calculated quickest route and live traffic with speed cameras location. Told me infant, that the journey would take 50 mins!
If I was to get a new evoque, forget the satnav. It's pretty rubbish, waste of money, and forget of JLR ever upgrading the system!
I have become a WAZE app addict on my mobile phone for any journey I make, regardless of the morning commute, as it tells me alternate routes depending on the traffic live..

RE: Sat Nav Delay - Stadt Panzer - 17-08-2014 07:53am

Drove back from Spain on Friday, over 2000 km's, satnav stated the expected ETA at the start but it must know how I drive, as even after traffic jams, something to eat, refueling etc we arrived back at the original ETA time!! 22 hrs later.

Yeah the whole system could be a little flasher but it does what it says on the tin and that's fine by me.

Sat Nav Delay - gren_ru - 17-08-2014 10:40am

All we need is CarPlay (mirroring i-Devices)

RE: Sat Nav Delay - Frp1 - 18-08-2014 10:35pm

I always found the sat nav to be about 6-10 out. It was mainly driving in London. But I got used to it.

Sat Nav Delay - Haggis - 20-08-2014 09:25am

(17-08-2014 06:35am)jitenc Wrote:  If I was to get a new evoque, forget the satnav. It's pretty rubbish, waste of money, and forget of JLR ever upgrading the system!
I have become a WAZE app addict on my mobile phone for any journey I make, regardless of the morning commute, as it tells me alternate routes depending on the traffic live..

Surely it will get an update, won't it?

Still waiting for my Evoque, and I use Waze also, which is superb.

Sat Nav Delay - Alflavor - 21-09-2014 09:36am

I hardly ever use the in built nav, it's pretty outdated when apps like Waze exist!