babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Automatic headlamps - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Automatic headlamps (/Thread-Automatic-headlamps)

Automatic headlamps - Hotwheelsvespa - 23-03-2014 09:06pm

Ive just ordered a pure tech coupe for delivery in april, can anyone tell me if automatic headlamps operate high and low beam as well as turning on and off, thanks

RE: Automatic headlamps - edgedata - 23-03-2014 09:54pm

Automatic Headlamps and High Beam assist are separate options.on <14MY cars

If your Pure Tech is a 14MY then:-

Automatic Headlamps with High Beam Assist (AHBA)
Driving at night or in poor visibility is made easier by Automatic High Beam Assist (AHBA). When external light levels dip below a certain threshold, AHBA automatically switches on and headlamps automatically dip for oncoming traffic, reverting when vehicles have passed.

Regards
Mark

Automatic headlamps - MarkA_ - 23-03-2014 09:55pm

According to MY14 brochure. They are 2 different features. 1 = auto headlights 2 = auto headlights with high beam assist. #2 is a paid option on all models

RE: Automatic headlamps - Hotwheelsvespa - 23-03-2014 10:33pm

Thanks foe that, looked it up but will end up adding £1100 to the order as have to be upgraded to xenons

RE: Automatic headlamps - cjfp - 23-03-2014 11:25pm

Xenons are a good option to go for

RE: Automatic headlamps - Hotwheelsvespa - 24-03-2014 12:02am

Are the halogens that bad?

RE: Automatic headlamps - cjfp - 24-03-2014 05:58am

I can say that the xenons are good, and do a site search and you will find the threads on people's views of the halogens, along with threads of people upgrading their halogens

RE: Automatic headlamps - Hotwheelsvespa - 25-03-2014 07:28pm

Oh, thats a shame on a £40k plus car!!!!!

RE: Automatic headlamps - Gary pa28 - 26-03-2014 08:28pm

I have just taken delivery of my pure tech , with xenons but no high beam assist
Think it's another option somewhere

RE: Automatic headlamps - Silver Fox - 22-07-2014 07:46am

Hi,I have a MY 14 SD4 Pure Tech Plus and ordered Xenon headlights which also come with LED running lights.
The Zenon's are worth every penny as they give a brilliant light on both main/dipped beam.