babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Economy after my second year service. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Economy after my second year service. (/Thread-Economy-after-my-second-year-service)

Economy after my second year service. - benzina - 11-03-2014 01:58pm

First of all, what is the correct RPM's setting for the SD4 when idling? Mine is 800RPM's.

i ask this because since my second year service about a month ago, my average fuel consumption around town has gone from being consistently around 10.5L/100KMs to what is now consistently around 11L/100KMs.
Same streets,same driving style etc etc, so i'm trying to work out if they may have changed something to cause this higher consumption.
It might just be my imagination,or maybe i'm just driving that bit harder lately, but i really don't think so.
Anyone got any ideas?

RE: Economy after my second year service. - fam1x - 11-03-2014 05:26pm

sounds like an improvement what that in mpg.

RE: Economy after my second year service. - MarkA_ - 11-03-2014 05:29pm

(11-03-2014 05:26pm)fam1x Wrote:  sounds like an improvement what that in mpg.
It's worse economy - using more fuel per 100km of driving. probably statistically within a margin of error?

RE: Economy after my second year service. - benzina - 12-03-2014 02:02am

Or to put it another way then, it's gone from getting an average 27MPG to 25MPG. It's not much, but it's there, and it never ever recorded this low consumption for the entire two years i have own it.
Maybe they changed something with the engine management, but when i questioned the service guy behind the desk, he said no ,and that all systems appear normal.

Economy after my second year service. - Barneyridge - 12-03-2014 11:18am

Benzina, mine went down after the service. Went from 10.2L/100 to 9.3/100 km. have you checked your tyre pressure, I run my higher and they always lower them.

RE: Economy after my second year service. - benzina - 12-03-2014 01:22pm

(12-03-2014 11:18am)Barneyridge Wrote:  Benzina, mine went down after the service. Went from 10.2L/100 to 9.3/100 km. have you checked your tyre pressure, I run my higher and they always lower them.

Very good point Barneyridge, but Yep, thats actually something i am also diligent about. My system is i check at the beginning of every month so as to not forget. i too keep mine higher as well.
But i will re-check tomorrow just to be sure. Cheers

RE: Economy after my second year service. - fam1x - 12-03-2014 02:55pm

what this the required tyre pressure for the 18in alloys please?

RE: Economy after my second year service. - cjfp - 12-03-2014 06:14pm

(12-03-2014 02:55pm)fam1x Wrote:  what this the required tyre pressure for the 18in alloys please?

It should be on a little label stuck inside the drivers door

(alternatively, RTFM Smile )

RE: Economy after my second year service. - vinny - 12-03-2014 06:31pm

I despair at the economy of the evoque it it absolute balls,I get average 34 MPG with 37 MPG on long runs,there are guys on the sister forum of ours,rrsport.Co.UK that are getting 30mpg+ around town from a v6 twin Turbo 300bhp 2.2 ton battleship which goes 0-60<7 sec
Either the 2.2 engine in the evoque is undersized/powered or there is something else fundamentally wrong,LR really need to get their finger out their arse and get some decent engines designed for the evoque more in keeping with the range rover name.