babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Towbar - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Towbar (/Thread-Towbar)

Towbar - e11smt - 31-01-2014 06:31pm

Evening Smile

Quick question.

I recently installed a towbar and universal electics, however the rear parking sensors are now disabled and a message comes up on the stereo to say they are disabled when I start the car.

Is there a way to re-enable them?

Thanks
Elliot

RE: Towbar - Barton Evoque - 31-01-2014 10:01pm

Buy a dedicated wiring loom that will solve the problem.

RE: Towbar - e11smt - 31-01-2014 10:03pm

Screw that it was £17.99 vs. £100 haha!

It's not a major inconvenience it's just a bit odd that the rear sensors are disabled, wondered if you could manually turn them back on

RE: Towbar - Barton Evoque - 31-01-2014 10:13pm

but your warranty is probably void now by installing a universal kit that what landrover told me.

RE: Towbar - e11smt - 31-01-2014 11:49pm

Depends on the dealer & how nice they are/how much attention they pay.

We've had warranty work done since with no questions asked Smile. Fitted the towbar myself cost all in all £160

RE: Towbar - Barton Evoque - 01-02-2014 09:35am

It will be when you get a electrical problem then they will blame the towbar electrics.anyway getting back to the subject i'm sure someone else might be able to answer you question.
Good Luck.

Towbar - MarkA_ - 01-02-2014 02:25pm

That sounds a bit like the universal electrics are somehow creating resistance over the trailer circuit and it's thinking a trailer is attached. Sounds like the loom you installed might be faulty. Try returning it for a replacement?

RE: Towbar - e11smt - 01-02-2014 04:30pm

Hmm strange, the trailer lights etc work perfectly find when it's plugged in.

I'll email the towbar people and see if they think it could be faulty Smile

RE: Towbar - BobM - 02-02-2014 11:46am

Hi, I fitted my towbar and universal electrics (I have done about half a dozen of my previous cars and always use the same electrics). None of them connect up to the reversing sensor circuit in any way. Sounds more like you have either forgotten to connect the sensor loom plug on the bumper to the main loom on the car (at all or correctly) or it has become detached

RE: Towbar - e11smt - 02-02-2014 03:57pm

I'll PM you, if that's okay Smile