babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Holidaying In Florida (Disney). - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/Forum-Off-Topic)
+---- Forum: Everything Else (/Forum-Everything-Else)
+---- Thread: Holidaying In Florida (Disney). (/Thread-Holidaying-In-Florida-Disney)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Holidaying In Florida (Disney). - Evo-king - 29-01-2014 04:52pm

Andy.

You had better hope she doesn't read this, it won't be much of a surprise.

I managed only just to do something similar for my wifes 40th. Presented her with tickets for two weeks in Zante, she adores the Greek Islands.

RE: Holidaying In Florida (Disney). - The Valeter - 29-01-2014 05:21pm

Sods law re the high season, I had thought that late October would be out of season, thinking of UK I guess!

Went on tinternet last night & into Thomsons in the high street today & it seems for an apartment/ travel inn or whatever you call it the average for that time seems to be around £1000 per head including my 12 year old son Evil
That is flights, room & car.

They then said allow approximately £500 each for theme park passes!!!!
Is there much difference during different months? Don't want July/August etc as I hate the heat. Can't really go out of school holidays either (officially). Problem is her birthday is late October so in a way it has go to be then but then my 50th is end of next February.
(29-01-2014 04:52pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Andy.

You had better hope she doesn't read this, it won't be much of a surprise.

I managed only just to do something similar for my wifes 40th. Presented her with tickets for two weeks in Zante, she adores the Greek Islands.

Should be fine, she doesn't go on the forums!!

RE: Holidaying In Florida (Disney). - recordman - 29-01-2014 05:33pm

October/November is a good time to go. Any later and it can be too cold. We've been there in January and have had to wear a coat all day. Nasty bitter cold wind from the north.

RE: Holidaying In Florida (Disney). - Nowaytk - 29-01-2014 09:39pm

Went out the end of nov beginning of dec, apart from thanksgiving weekend it was relatively quiet. Although I wasn't in Orlando, a bit further south in naples & Miami the temps were just the same as Orlando, late 70's to early 80's & no thunderstorms in the afternoons

RE: Holidaying In Florida (Disney). - Bugblatter - 29-01-2014 10:00pm

School half term hols are at end of Oct in your area so flight prices will go up considerably.

RE: Holidaying In Florida (Disney). - BobM - 30-01-2014 02:58am

"Went on tinternet last night & into Thomsons in the high street today & it seems for an apartment/ travel inn or whatever you call it the average for that time seems to be around £1000 per head including my 12 year old son Evil
That is flights, room & car.
They then said allow approximately £500 each for theme park passes!!!!"

They are pretty spot on with the prices for the holiday and the park passes though if you dont go to Disney you can get a 14 day pass to universal + wet & wild + Busch Gardens, Tampa for about £150 each (http://www.floridatix.co.uk)

Weather in May and October are probably the best all round for lack of humidity/rain and May can get up to 100 degrees (80 at night) whereas Ive only experienced 80 - 90 degrees in late October. I went once for three weeks in May and never saw a drop of rain at all.

Cheap car hire at (amongst others) -

http://uscarhireoffers.alamo.co.uk/florida-car-hire?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=ppc&utm_term=cheap%2Bflorida%2Bcar%2Bhire&utm_campaign=Core%2BDestinations%2BExact&sissr=1

Also try http://www.usrentacar.co.uk (they also have a smartphone app - so no need to carry paper documents once booked)

Tolls are only charged on certain (clearly marked) roads in and around Kissimmee/International Drive and are easily avoided. They are not too expensive, for example 60miles each way from Orlando area to Cocoa Beach (Cape Canaveral) is around $10 in total if I remember correctly. Main interstates (I 4 is the main one around Kissimmee) are free.