babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Installing aftermarket brake pads - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Maintenance (/Forum-Maintenance)
+--- Thread: Installing aftermarket brake pads (/Thread-Installing-aftermarket-brake-pads)

Installing aftermarket brake pads - tokkifierce - 27-01-2014 11:01pm

I got some akebono brake pads but my mechanic didn't want to install them because he said a land rover computer is needed. Something about electronic callipers or something. Has anyone had theirs installed at a shop? Range Rover will only install OEM.

Your help is much appreciated, thanks

RE: Installing aftermarket brake pads - fam1x - 28-01-2014 11:15am

Yes I have changed mine at a friend’s garage, the pain was getting the car into parking maintenance mode. He had a computer which I manage to figure out; the electronic parking brake is a pain to turn off. You have to have the engine running otherwise the car automatically switches off, power saving mode. Once I got it into parking maintenance mode it took 10 minutes to change mine doesn't have electronic callipers I heard that too and was concerned. I have the Pure model I don't know if the version in the US would be any different. I hope this helps.

RE: Installing aftermarket brake pads - tokkifierce - 28-01-2014 04:35pm

Oh man that sounds difficult. Hope I can find a shop that can do that. Thanks for sharing

RE: Installing aftermarket brake pads - PhilSkill - 28-01-2014 04:48pm

The info for getting the car into brake service mode is on here...

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-emergency-parking-brake

You don't need a computer connected.

RE: Installing aftermarket brake pads - MikeInTX - 03-09-2014 03:54am

Fam1x - the instructions on the other thread advise us to hold the EPB switch in the release position for 2 seconds and then push the throttle fully down. If the engine is running as you advise, then it's going to red-line. Surely this is not the correct procedure to set the EPB service mode.

I have tried the procedure in the other thread over and over and cannot get the EPB in to service mode.

Has anyone managed to successfully replace the rear pads on their Evoque at home, without a factory computer?

"Whatever was wrong with a handbrake and a cable?" I ask myself.

Mike.

RE: Installing aftermarket brake pads - PhilSkill - 03-09-2014 06:41pm

I just tried these instructions in mine, and unsurprisingly they worked first time.

Note, engine off, Neutral, hold until the mode is selected.

From standing outside the locked Vehicle.
Unlock
Press Start (engine not started as clutch not depressed)
Press+Hold handbrake
Press Throtte
press start and start again
slight delay
Whirr,Whirr,Whirr,Whirr,Whirr,Whirr, Bing, Bing
Park Brake Maintenace Mode ON displays on screen between dials.
release Throttle and EPB switch

Simples!

As you probably have Auto's maybe different ignition on without starting engine?