babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
New Exhaust tips - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: New Exhaust tips (/Thread-New-Exhaust-tips)

New Exhaust tips - Jinzen - 18-01-2014 05:47pm

Really awful exhaust tips from factory, so I replaced them. $150 installed at a local exhaust shop (Couldn't justify Magnaflows which would have been like $150 just for the tips, these are some other brand stainless steel ones).

[Image: enTxp1e.jpg]

RE: New Exhaust tips - speary - 28-01-2014 09:35am

(18-01-2014 05:47pm)Jinzen Wrote:  Really awful exhaust tips from factory, so I replaced them. $150 installed at a local exhaust shop (Couldn't justify Magnaflows which would have been like $150 just for the tips, these are some other brand stainless steel ones).

[Image: enTxp1e.jpg]

Looks much better. I did the same. Got Magnaflows of a member for half price. Still paid £50 for fitting though

RE: New Exhaust tips - donot521 - 17-02-2014 03:10pm

Just wondering how did they attach the tip
Weld it on or just clamp

RE: New Exhaust tips - Jinzen - 17-02-2014 03:14pm

(17-02-2014 03:10pm)donot521 Wrote:  Just wondering how did they attach the tip
Weld it on or just clamp

Welded, no proper exhaust job is ever clamped really.

RE: New Exhaust tips - mstraka - 18-02-2014 03:02pm

I guess its all one's opinion but why do you consider the round stock tips awful? The designers did it right. The stock is stainless (which turns a slight metallic colored hue from heat over time), and they have curled tip edges that makes them a high quality item. I believe that changing to a dark coloration aftermarket resulted in an expenditure for a part that is of less quality than stock.

RE: New Exhaust tips - Jinzen - 18-02-2014 03:55pm

(18-02-2014 03:02pm)mstraka Wrote:  I guess its all one's opinion but why do you consider the round stock tips awful? The designers did it right. The stock is stainless (which turns a slight metallic colored hue from heat over time), and they have curled tip edges that makes them a high quality item. I believe that changing to a dark coloration aftermarket resulted in an expenditure for a part that is of less quality than stock.

Stock quality is fine but the look is out of place and dinky on a luxury car. The Dynamic has it right, and all of the others (Mercedes, BMW) did it right.

[Image: 2012-land-rover-Range-Rover-Evoque-rear-views.jpg]

RE: New Exhaust tips - speary - 19-02-2014 02:04pm

IMHO the originals on my SD4 looked too small. The Magnaflows I now have look much better. These were welded on. I am not keen on the Dynamic exhausts as they seem to be trims in the bumper and you can see the round piped inside them