babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Third breakdown, fourth fuel filter, totally fed up, binning this car after 1... - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Third breakdown, fourth fuel filter, totally fed up, binning this car after 1... (/Thread-Third-breakdown-fourth-fuel-filter-totally-fed-up-binning-this-car-after-1)

Pages: 1 2

Third breakdown, fourth fuel filter, totally fed up, binning this car after 1... - z4alfie - 14-12-2013 11:00pm

Well, I've had enough of this car, broke down again today with the diesel filter problem, technician has said its dodgy diesel and not a Land Rover issue. However, we've got a new 5 series diesel that we fill up at the same place which has never broken down. The handbrake deployment problem is back again and I can't even be bothered to take it back to the dealer. After the air con problems, the media screen replacement and the the various other issues, we've decided to bail out of this hateful expensive motor and put it all down to a bad experience........... Anyone else had the same experience?

RE: Third breakdown, fourth fuel filter, totally fed up, binning this car after 18 months - broady43 - 15-12-2013 12:43am

Never had any of these problems in nearly 2 years.Sounds like you have been dealt the wrong card.

RE: Third breakdown, fourth fuel filter, totally fed up, binning this car after 18 months - PhilSkill - 15-12-2013 01:20am

Sounds like you got dealt a joker, and are best of rid of it, can only imagine you have some deposits in your tank that keep getting drawn into the fuel line.

RE: Third breakdown, fourth fuel filter, totally fed up, binning this car after 18 months - recordman - 15-12-2013 09:09am

Has anyone ever opened up one of these clogged fuel filters? I did after my last Freelander 2 stopped dead with a supposed blocked filter. I was expecting to see all sorts and gunge and muck, but it was as clean as a whistle.

RE: Third breakdown, fourth fuel filter, totally fed up, binning this car after 18 months - jos - 15-12-2013 09:57am

wów, bad experience! you have a "monday-morning-car"!
never had this experience in almost two years now.....

Third breakdown, fourth fuel filter, totally fed up, binning this car after 1... - Stadt Panzer - 15-12-2013 10:37am

Never had anything like this in the past 8 years of land rover ownership.

Third breakdown, fourth fuel filter, totally fed up, binning this car after 1... - z4alfie - 15-12-2013 10:59am

I've got no confidence in it any more, after limping along in restricted mode several times and baking in the summer because the air con wouldn't work and having a permanent gold tinge to the rear alloys due to brake dust from the handbrake problem........... Fed up big time

RE: Third breakdown, fourth fuel filter, totally fed up - BaringTech - 15-12-2013 12:28pm

Saw this in the news recently...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25234840

I've had one blocked filter so far, just after the first service last march.

Third breakdown, fourth fuel filter, totally fed up, binning this car after 1... - z4alfie - 17-12-2013 04:00pm

And today dear readers........ The power steering failed as I turned right at a junction across the flow of traffic, nearly caused an accident, couldn't steer and got stuck in the middle of the road. It's in the dealership with no idea how long it will take to rectify. Does anyone from land rover read these posts? I would love to hear what the thinking is.

Spoke with LR customer services, lovely woman, going to launch an investigation on it and get back to me. My seat Ibiza loan car should be replaced tonight with another Evoque......hopefully a reliable one!

RE: Third breakdown, fourth fuel filter, totally fed up, binning this car after 1... - WB - 18-12-2013 10:10am

Get in touch with Land Rover Customer services who are usually very good at dealing with issues. I have seen cars rejected for less serious issues.