babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Rear door card removal - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Rear door card removal (/Thread-Rear-door-card-removal)

Rear door card removal - LG8340 - 18-08-2013 05:28pm

I need to access the skin of the rear door to effect a paint led minor repair. How do I get the trim off

RE: Rear door card removal - Trapdoor - 18-08-2013 06:12pm

(18-08-2013 05:28pm)LG8340 Wrote:  I need to access the skin of the rear door to effect a paint led minor repair. How do I get the trim off

From TOPIx workshop manual

RE: Rear door card removal - LG8340 - 19-08-2013 01:13pm

Trapdoor
Thanks for the link. Very helpful.
Would you know where the side impact bar is located as I need to get in behind the swage line ridge 2/3ds of the way down the door?
I need a clearance to get the PDR tool in to massage out the small indent. Your help would be very appreciated

(19-08-2013 01:13pm)LG8340 Wrote:  Trapdoor
Would you know where the side impact bar is located as I need to get in behind the swage line ridge 2/3ds of the way down the door?
I need a clearance to get the PDR tool in to massage out the small indent. Your help would be very appreciated

Thanks and this is the dent in question which I will attempt tomorrow to remove by PDR.

I'll post the result

RE: Rear door card removal - Trapdoor - 19-08-2013 03:01pm

(19-08-2013 01:13pm)LG8340 Wrote:  Trapdoor

Thanks and this is the dent in question which I will attempt tomorrow to remove by PDR.

I'll post the result

Ouch. Nasty. Hope you can get that sorted....

Annoyingly, I've just tried to login to TOPIx and my sub has expired. It's not particularly cheap but I took out a month sub in July, specifically to pull a few service bulletins off before I battle with my dealer over a warranty claim (been there too many times with BMW $tealers to take the risk).

You can get a one day, one week or one month sub to Topix, single model, single year, and it will allow you access to the WM, though it's not the easiest thing to navigate.

If I decide to renew my sub, I'll look it up for you ...

RE: Rear door card removal - LG8340 - 20-08-2013 07:50pm

(19-08-2013 03:01pm)Trapdoor Wrote:  Ouch. Nasty. Hope you can get that sorted....

Annoyingly, I've just tried to login to TOPIx and my sub has expired. It's not particularly cheap but I took out a month sub in July, specifically to pull a few service bulletins off before I battle with my dealer over a warranty claim (been there too many times with BMW $tealers to take the risk).

You can get a one day, one week or one month sub to Topix, single model, single year, and it will allow you access to the WM, though it's not the easiest thing to navigate.

If I decide to renew my sub, I'll look it up for you ...

Trapdoor,
The PDR was fantastically successful and well worth £150.
See after photo attached

RE: Rear door card removal - RacingSnake - 21-08-2013 11:21am

I've always said in the past... dent removal = witchcraft Very Happy

RE: Rear door card removal - LG8340 - 21-08-2013 11:51am

FYI the job was done in 90 minutes by Martin Leach a.k.a Dentman in Twickenham
Tel: 07774 812512
Martin is also mobile.

RE: Rear door card removal - Trapdoor - 21-08-2013 06:49pm

When I had my 'pride and joy' MGF several years ago - a beautiful white one with read leather interior - it was parked in my garage whilst we had the builders in doing some remedial work to their bodged house, and one of them swung a length of wood into the rear wing - the PDR bloke got it out without trace. I watched him work, and I agree, it IS witchcraft as I cannot see how prising and tapping with a hammer can get the dent out completely.

Anyone remember that Father Ted episode with the car raffle and Ted gently tapping out a tiny dent - camera pulls back and the car is totally wrecked?