babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Which black for grille - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Which black for grille (/Thread-Which-black-for-grille)

Which black for grille - heronb - 12-07-2013 10:41pm

I'm looking to change the grille and side trims to black on my Pure and wonder which black to go for.

I've recently changed the mirror caps to black and these came in Santorini when I bought them, they match the roof colour and look good but not sure which black to go for on the grille?

I know a few have changed to the black grille and I imagine this is gloss like the door pillars? Will it look daft with metallic black and would gloss black be better?

RE: Which black for grille - doug - 12-07-2013 11:32pm

Just solid gloss black, is what i asked for.

RE: Which black for grille - duckworthparts - 13-07-2013 11:40am

Vents and grille only come in gloss black

RE: Which black for grille - Cal_280 - 13-07-2013 12:52pm

i did mine in atlas black. look good against fuji white. also - if you have a '13 model get a '11 model grille if you want to lose the LR badge Smile

RE: Which black for grille - heronb - 14-07-2013 06:33pm

Thanks, gloss black it is, now have to work out how to get the side vent trims off without busting the clips? Any tips.

Seen the Powerful uk vid and it appears that a yank will break the plastic.

RE: Which black for grille - scrannel - 15-07-2013 01:35am

FWIW, my grill is in the black that comes with "metallic" Sorry, don't know the name. (Dynamic)

RE: Which black for grille - heronb - 15-07-2013 10:02am

Ok thanks, I think most are in gloss in the uk.

Still have to workout how to remove the front section of the side vent without busting the clips?

RE: Which black for grille - Evogirl - 17-07-2013 10:17pm

Heronb there is a video on you tube on how to remove the side vents. Mine were done at dealers as I'm super cackhanded.

RE: Which black for grille - heronb - 18-07-2013 12:06pm

(17-07-2013 10:17pm)Evogirl Wrote:  Heronb there is a video on you tube on how to remove the side vents. Mine were done at dealers as I'm super cackhanded.

I've seen the one from Powerful Uk and I think he busts the clips on the front section? Didnt fancy that so I've bought some trim removal tools so will give them a go.