babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Reversing camera - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Reversing camera (/Thread-Reversing-camera)

Reversing camera - broady43 - 09-07-2013 06:09pm

Hi,just purchased an Evoque reversing camera off Ebay,Does anyone know how to wire them?

RE: Reversing camera - doug - 09-07-2013 09:18pm

Is this a LR part (the one fitted at the factory) or a aftermarket one with a 12vdc & ground connection & a yellow RCA socket ?

RE: Reversing camera - broady43 - 09-07-2013 10:40pm

(09-07-2013 09:18pm)doug Wrote:  Is this a LR part (the one fitted at the factory) or a aftermarket one with a 12vdc & ground connection & a yellow RCA socket ?

Landrover part from the factory.

RE: Reversing camera - Madam Fuji - 10-07-2013 12:10am

You sure, broady?? Just saying!

RE: Reversing camera - doug - 10-07-2013 09:33am

I never say never, as anything can be done for a price Very Happy
But installing this camera isn't going to be easy at all. I have fitted a aftermarket one, which looks & works the same as a factory fit system & this wasn't easy.

As for your LR camera. there's no wiring in the tailgate,no camera system module & no cut out on the rear trim finisher (this can be cut out). I'm not sure what else would be needed, but I would forget about it if I was you.

RE: Reversing camera - broady43 - 10-07-2013 10:46am

(10-07-2013 09:33am)doug Wrote:  I never say never, as anything can be done for a price Very Happy
But installing this camera isn't going to be easy at all. I have fitted a aftermarket one, which looks & works the same as a factory fit system & this wasn't easy.

As for your LR camera. there's no wiring in the tailgate,no camera system module & no cut out on the rear trim finisher (this can be cut out). I'm not sure what else would be needed, but I would forget about it if I was you.

Thanks Doug,I purchashed it with the black gloss trim as that was what I wanted in the first place,the camera was a bonus if I could get it going.I might purcase the TV in motion module and see if an auto electrician can get it going.