babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Santorini Mods, Pure with Black trims and Black Wheels (Style 4 powdercoated) - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Santorini Mods, Pure with Black trims and Black Wheels (Style 4 powdercoated) (/Thread-Santorini-Mods-Pure-with-Black-trims-and-Black-Wheels-Style-4-powdercoated)

Santorini Mods, Pure with Black trims and Black Wheels (Style 4 powdercoated) - chicagorre - 15-04-2013 04:31am

It could be called a Purenamic or a sort of DIY Black Pack. Really I just looked at a bunch of pictures and opted for some quick not too costly mods. I’m putting a lot of pictures here because I had scoured the forum and other sites to find images that would give me ideas of what I would want and I hope these photos can serve for others in the same fashion. I am including before pictures for comparison and a bunch of after pictures. I had limited time to wash the car today and ran out tire cleaner, so yes it will look a little better when the tires are clean.

So here is a list of what was done:
*Style 4 wheels were powder-coated gloss black from the Sparkling finish
*Grille painted Santorini (from Atlas)
*One bull bar on front grill and front skid plate painted Santorini (from Atlas)
*All mesh on front bumper painted Santorini (mesh behind fog lights, mesh between bull bars (from matte plastic)
*Side vents painted Santorini (from Atlas)
*Atlas trims on bottom door (sidesills) painted Santorini
*Trunk strip (waist rail?) painted Santorini from Atlas
*Rear bumper bottom trim (skid plate?) painted Santorini form Atlas
*Mud flaps (front and rear OEM)

Cheers!

Before Pictures:
[attachment=3453]
[attachment=3454]
[attachment=3455]

After Pictures:
[attachment=3456]
[attachment=3457]
[attachment=3458]
[attachment=3459]
[attachment=3460]

more after pictures:
[attachment=3461]
[attachment=3462]
[attachment=3464]
[attachment=3463]

RE: Santorini Mods, Pure with Black trims and Black Wheels (Style 4 powdercoated) - DollaR - 15-04-2013 06:49pm

chicagorre, Thanks for the pictures. I want to wrap some grey parts of bumpers and seeking out images how it would look like. Now it is clear to me.

RE: Santorini Mods, Pure with Black trims and Black Wheels (Style 4 powdercoated) - scalle - 15-04-2013 07:05pm

what about black lettering???

RE: Santorini Mods, Pure with Black trims and Black Wheels (Style 4 powdercoated) - tash - 15-04-2013 07:26pm

Looks well! Very stealth like

RE: Santorini Mods, Pure with Black trims and Black Wheels (Style 4 powdercoated) - chicagorre - 16-04-2013 04:31am

(15-04-2013 07:05pm)scalle Wrote:  what about black lettering???

I thought about it but am done for mods right now. Going to let a little time pass to see if there are more changes I want to make. I do not want to go extreme and black every single part of the car out including lights etc. What I have done is a pretty big change for me coming from a silver BMW e90 and silver Mini Cooper. Really like the look so far, but man black cars are hard to keep clean

RE: Santorini Mods, Pure with Black trims and Black Wheels (Style 4 powdercoated) - Evogirl - 16-04-2013 11:15am

Those indicators spoil the look of the headlights......other than that looks good.

RE: Santorini Mods, Pure with Black trims and Black Wheels (Style 4 powdercoated) - Evo-king - 16-04-2013 08:46pm

I think you will find that is because the US Spec is different to the UK.

RE: Santorini Mods, Pure with Black trims and Black Wheels (Style 4 powdercoated) - chicagorre - 17-04-2013 03:24am

(16-04-2013 08:46pm)Evo-king Wrote:  I think you will find that is because the US Spec is different to the UK.

Correct, unfortunately amber reflectors/signals required here so European specs are clear. Same with my previous BMW compared to the EU version