babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
The Engine Debate - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+---- Forum: Polls (/Forum-Polls)
+---- Thread: The Engine Debate (/Thread-The-Engine-Debate)

The Engine Debate - Evo-king - 14-04-2013 12:47pm

We have commented on here regarding the Engines on the Evoque and how effective their power outputs are.

So let's see what we think.

Apologies for the number of options.

Hope LR are following this.

RE: The Engine Debate - FujiSan - 14-04-2013 12:53pm

Not a Poll. Something amiss methinks?

RE: The Engine Debate - scrannel - 14-04-2013 03:33pm

Problem here is... well, if you did this poll in the states, no one has the diesel. And in the UK and Euro, the petrol engine is relatively uncommon. I jumped on a freeway leading north from Los Angeles yesterday and my petrol car just leapt up to 75-80mph with no fuss. Now, that's not all day cruising at 120mph, but there are no states in America where you will now not go straight to jail and have your car impounded for doing that. So, what's enough..?

RE: The Engine Debate - FujiSan - 14-04-2013 07:51pm

All the engines are powerful enough to my mind, they must be or they would not be in there. will it get to the limits easily, yes. Will it get to the limits quickly enough? Well, quickly enough for who? it's not a racer.

Ditto we would all probably want that little bit more power - just human nature.

RE: The Engine Debate - Bodlyfunctions - 15-04-2013 12:09am

When you ask a question using terminology like 'powerful enough' IMO I think you need to clarify purpose and its use. The Evoque is not designed as a sports hatch nor a racer-mobile. The gearing, power and response is designed with an on-road/off-road balance.
Does it accelerate well? Yes. Does it get you out of a sticky spot in snow while its competitors spin and flail? Yes.
We all drive differently and have differing requirements. Personally the term 'power' defines ability to handle varying situations, and so far my RRE experiences in floods, snow and ice leave me with nothing but a smile.