babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Upgraded Puddle Lamps, Neat or excessive ? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Upgraded Puddle Lamps, Neat or excessive ? (/Thread-Upgraded-Puddle-Lamps-Neat-or-excessive)

Pages: 1 2

Upgraded Puddle Lamps, Neat or excessive ? - superfox - 13-03-2013 08:40am

Forum Members I'm after your opinions Very Happy

I'm not really the type of person to care about what others think when modifying my cars.

This being a exception because it's a tie breaker in my mind Confused

I'm think of installing puddle lamps that exceed the stock units, a lot.

On one hand they produce a very nice neat light glow that gives a well-lit area around the entry points

The other hand is it kind of brings it close to looking like to fast to furious, a tuner car Sad

Let the poll begin, I'm welcoming criticism and complements Tongue Out

[attachment=3368]

[attachment=3369]

Update, A few more ideas attaching the L.E.D's to the bottom of the door.

[attachment=3379]

[attachment=3381]

[attachment=3380]

Upgraded Puddle Lamps, Neat or excessive ? - Filski - 13-03-2013 09:00am

Heh, I don't hate it but.....

It does look a bit like a UFO or a tuner mod. It actually looks like one of those marketing teasers, just a hint of the shape.

RE: Upgraded Puddle Lamps, Neat or excessive ? - speary - 13-03-2013 09:27am

Might look good in cool blue. If you are not too bothered by other peoples opinions then I would go for it. You cant please all of the people all of the time so you might as well just please yourself Very Happy Unless of course its the wifes opinion Shocked

RE: Upgraded Puddle Lamps, Neat or excessive ? - MarkLondon - 13-03-2013 09:40am

I’m not sure myself!

I think unless you are displaying the car in a show, they are a bit too noticeable and might make the car stand out for the wrong reasons.

However, if you like it, then do it.

Life is too short Smile

RE: Upgraded Puddle Lamps, Neat or excessive ? - griff - 13-03-2013 09:50am

Obviously a towny
Would never work in the country - be permanently covered in mud!
But if you like it Hey Ho

RE: Upgraded Puddle Lamps, Neat or excessive ? - superfox - 13-03-2013 10:08am

It's hard to deicide Confused

Maybe I should tone it down so it's only bright around the door and boot, try and make it less noticeable.

Yes it's a city RRE I've done dirt, mud and sand now it's time to dress her up and leave her to the road.

Cool

RE: Upgraded Puddle Lamps, Neat or excessive ? - WB - 13-03-2013 11:26am

Would they be on all the time? If you wanted to use them as puddle lights you could hook them up so they only come on with the handbrake?

RE: Upgraded Puddle Lamps, Neat or excessive ? - superfox - 13-03-2013 09:21pm

I would connect them relayed off the interior lights. When ever the inside lights came on so would the puddles. So locking the car would turn them off unlock back on for entry/ exit you have good visibility.

RE: Upgraded Puddle Lamps, Neat or excessive ? - cjfp - 13-03-2013 09:25pm

Whatever you choose, you won't get far with them plugged into the wall ! Laughing

RE: Upgraded Puddle Lamps, Neat or excessive ? - jitenc - 14-03-2013 01:39am

I like it. Just enough light to look for any old ladies dragged underneath.... Smile