babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Folding wing mirrors - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Folding wing mirrors (/Thread-Folding-wing-mirrors)

Folding wing mirrors - SG - 10-03-2013 04:56pm

Hello All,

Recently purchased my Evoque and having driven a BMW X6 prior to this, there was the option ( a button) to fold the mirrors in. My Evoque automatically folds them in when I lock the car, but I was wondering is it possible to fold them in any other way? Sometimes at my work parking it can be very tight and i'd like the option to fold my mirrors in. Is it possible?

Thanks

RE: Folding wing mirrors - jewel-r - 10-03-2013 05:04pm

(10-03-2013 04:56pm)SG Wrote:  Hello All,

Recently purchased my Evoque and having driven a BMW X6 prior to this, there was the option ( a button) to fold the mirrors in. My Evoque automatically folds them in when I lock the car, but I was wondering is it possible to fold them in any other way? Sometimes at my work parking it can be very tight and i'd like the option to fold my mirrors in. Is it possible?

Thanks

Press the two small buttons either side of your mirror toggle switch at the same time this should fold mirrors. Press again to fold out

RE: Folding wing mirrors - doug - 10-03-2013 05:05pm

Press the L/H & R/H mirror buttons at the same time.

Just beaten to the answer Crying

RE: Folding wing mirrors - SG - 10-03-2013 05:12pm

I knew i'd find the answer here. Thanks guys.

RE: Folding wing mirrors - pacmeoff - 10-03-2013 05:14pm

Is it standard for the mirrors to fold when you lock the car or is it a dealer configuation item?

Regards
Paul.

RE: Folding wing mirrors - SG - 10-03-2013 05:15pm

Also on my drivers side wing mirror, the spotlight image of the Evoque Logo seems to have something in it, almost as if there is dirt on the inside of the little light which makes the design on the floor. Anyone know if it is easy to remove this and clean or is it best to ask the garage?

RE: Folding wing mirrors - gw76 - 10-03-2013 07:27pm

Its a dealer config

RE: Folding wing mirrors - MrNoo - 10-03-2013 10:06pm

(10-03-2013 05:14pm)pacmeoff Wrote:  Is it standard for the mirrors to fold when you lock the car or is it a dealer configuation item?

Regards
Paul.

It's dealer configurable. However if they disable the folding mirrors on locking then you'll not be able to fold the mirrors manually using the 2 buttons either.