babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
What car did you have before your Evoque - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: What car did you have before your Evoque (/Thread-What-car-did-you-have-before-your-Evoque)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: What car did you have before your Evoque - ED209 - 11-04-2013 09:16am

Not what I had before the evoque but now what i have since the evoque. One of these - A skoda octavia vrs estate in race blue. Identical to this pic (I havent taken any yet)

[Image: 5skodaoctaviavrstdifirs.jpg]

I sold the evoque for 91.4% of what i paid for it and "downgraded" paying asubstantial wedge off my mortgage in the process.

Had the car 2 weeks and loving it so far, build quality is spot on. Whilst not as luxury as the evoque it actually feels better put together. It has a nice bit of punch for overtaking, is very practical, and on my first tank of diesel in cold weather with a bit of "playing" i have averaged 43mpg. It suits me better as its a bit more sporty to drive (always had sporty cars) and has masses more room for dogs/bikes/fishing gear.

I realise it hasnt got the presige of the evoque but i like it and it will save me a good bit cash over the next few years. By taking a vw finance deal with £500 deposit contribution and 3 years free servicing i managed to get what i think is a great deal for such a lot of car. I then paid the fiance off after a week.

It worked out i paid £18122 for a brand new vrs cr manual estate with metallic, rear parking sensors, variable boot floor, alcantara pack, spare wheel and three years servicing. Thats against a full list price of £23400 so £5278 off list which isnt too shabby.

Yes I know its a skoda and a model that is getting replaced shortly but I certainly feel like a car that cost about 60% of what my evoque did.

RE: What car did you have before your Evoque - kkzt190 - 17-04-2013 08:13pm

MG ZT190+ (one blue and then one grey) had the first customer car in Ireland and then the first face-lift model too. Loved both of them.

RE: What car did you have before your Evoque - Evo-king - 17-04-2013 09:59pm

ED209.

The force use them as unmarked cars around these parts

RE: What car did you have before your Evoque - ED209 - 18-04-2013 09:38am

(17-04-2013 09:59pm)Evo-king Wrote:  ED209.

The force use them as unmarked cars around these parts

Not round my way they dont. I wish we had them though a bit nicer than my super poweverful astra 1.3 diesel!

Im very impressed with the car so far. The only slight negatives are the lack of bluetooth (can fit yourself with oem bits for about £200 but nobody rings me anyway) and a little bit more road noise than the evoque. I do miss the luxury feela little too.

Since the weather has warmed a little the fuel consumption has improved again. On my 17 mile commute to work the other day it was showing 62mpg on the computer.For a big estate car with 170hp i think thats great, even driving like a granny i struggled to get the td4 much above 40 on the same journey. That with only 500 miles on the clock too so it should get a little better. Its nice having a bit overtaking oomph again too, the td4 evoque was nippy enough but wasnt really quick enough for some quick overtakes.

Im also really impressed with the std 8 speaker touch screen stereo too, the speed of the touch screen is light years ahead of the evoque and the sound quality is excellent too, thogh not quite as good as the evoque. I have just stuck a 32gb card in it and it works a treat. It has a 6 disc changer too but not even had a single cd in it yet, i probably never will lol

RE: What car did you have before your Evoque - J77 - 18-04-2013 11:14am

It's a nice looking car ED, I like an estate car. My Evoque goes in 3 weeks for a new Fl2 TD4 XS. I'm impressed with the level of kit on the XS and 5 years servicing for £199 swung it for me.

RE: What car did you have before your Evoque - PJRange - 18-04-2013 03:43pm

Audi Q7

RE: What car did you have before your Evoque - Brianf2 - 18-04-2013 04:38pm

2005 BMW Z4

RE: What car did you have before your Evoque - nyssa7 - 18-04-2013 08:34pm

Abarth 500 EsseEsse

[Image: A500_8.jpg]

RE: What car did you have before your Evoque - Evoqess - 19-04-2013 01:36am

Golf GTI -> Audi A3 -> Audi TTS -> Evoque -> Mazda MX5 -> Golf GTI.
I've come full circle from the most practical, funnest hatch back to the most practical, funnest hatch. The Evoque was lusted after after James May traipsed through the desert and chauffered Cher, but with no desert anywhere near me, a roly poly ride (mine wasn't a dynamic) and poor fuel economy I soon fell out of love. Still think it's a fantastic looker though Smile

RE: What car did you have before your Evoque - gw76 - 20-04-2013 12:13am

(19-04-2013 01:36am)Evoqess Wrote:  a roly poly ride (mine wasn't a dynamic)
The Dynamic is just as bad....Confused