babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
OK. Have officially fallen in love with this Car! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: OK. Have officially fallen in love with this Car! (/Thread-OK-Have-officially-fallen-in-love-with-this-Car)

OK. Have officially fallen in love with this Car! - scrannel - 02-03-2013 04:41am

Been a bit hesitant, coming from a moose-hauler L322. Used to sitting very high -- you know, like some potentate? Anyway, yesterday was a face-full of Los Angeles. Needed to get to Burbank, Zooming through the twisty canyons, cutting around main surface streets which are clogged, the car just a sweet sports sedan -- suddenly I have the rhythm of this steed. Fly up onto the 101 Freeway -- parking lot. Choppers overhead, Nearby car burning. Road warrior. No sweat. Auto trans. Nothing to do there. Put in D. Easy does it. Open the pano roof -- I can see out "they" can't come in (already been shot once in LA. Enough). Entertainment system -- with all the noise I could want. ETA on the nav, telling me exactly how late I'm going to be... get to the studio with minutes to spare. After meeting, valet has parked: Bentley, Roller, Maserati ( a real wanna-be) and my Evoque up front for all to ogle. Valet says is the coolest car he's parked in years. (My partner's Cayman somewhere in the back). Off to home. built in phone system connecting with agent, wife, son... love this car. It's about the world we live in. Beauty and function. While rest are stuck in function.

RE: OK. Have officially fallen in love with this Car! - xxxx5 - 02-03-2013 08:19am

And breath..........

RE: OK. Have officially fallen in love with this Car! - scrannel - 02-03-2013 04:28pm

Too much love?

RE: OK. Have officially fallen in love with this Car! - JohnM - 02-03-2013 05:42pm

I like passion good post Thumbs Up

RE: OK. Have officially fallen in love with this Car! - IKM - 02-03-2013 08:53pm

Can't wait for the Kindle book version. Really entertaining narrative .... Thanks!

OK. Have officially fallen in love with this Car! - cutter7 - 03-03-2013 09:36am

Reads like a scene from Die Hard,,

RE: OK. Have officially fallen in love with this Car! - scrannel - 03-03-2013 03:23pm

(03-03-2013 09:36am)cutter7 Wrote:  Reads like a scene from Die Hard,,

Everyday in LA.

RE: OK. Have officially fallen in love with this Car! - speary - 04-03-2013 09:40am

Becareful with those flying bullets and your Pano roof. It probably isnt covered by your windscreen insurance Shocked

RE: OK. Have officially fallen in love with this Car! - scrannel - 04-03-2013 12:53pm

(04-03-2013 09:40am)speary Wrote:  Becareful with those flying bullets and your Pano roof. It probably isnt covered by your windscreen insurance Shocked

Remember being in London sometime I think in the late 80's, at a Thanksgiving Party some very kind Brits decide to throw for us lost yanks. Over dinner one observed: "I see they're shooting at one another on the freeways in LA now. More wine?" And... they were. Went on for a month or so. Then stopped.

RE: OK. Have officially fallen in love with this Car! - WB - 04-03-2013 02:34pm

Reminds me of LA Story - great movie...