babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Speccing suggestions please - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Speccing suggestions please (/Thread-Speccing-suggestions-please)

Pages: 1 2 3

Speccing suggestions please - heronb - 07-02-2013 02:26pm

Hi,

Been planning an Evoque purchase for a while and I thought this was the place to come, so here goes.

I was thinking of changing next year until the good lady suggested 'popping down and test driving the Evoque', must've looked a complete numpty with my gob agape. But anyway back to the title.

Here comes the good and always tricky bit, speccing it up. I'll probably go for a Pure with a few extras and am tempted by a few things even though it has most of the kit I need anyway.

New wheels, not sure yet - Style 4 or 5.
Pano Roof
front fogs seems a given

and Colour -
Fuji with Black roof
Barolo maybe with Pano and Indus
Firenze and Black roof.

I know this is all personal taste but any things I MUST get.

and any recommendations for delearships would be welcome if thats allowed.

Cheers

RE: Speccing suggestions please - scrannel - 07-02-2013 04:00pm

Well, I had only one "must-have" on my shopping list: MagneRide suspension. Currently in the States it's only avail on the Dynamic, but I understand you get get it in the UK on several models. IMHO it transforms the car. Good luck!

RE: Speccing suggestions please - griff - 07-02-2013 04:56pm

I would really recommend the electric tailgate. trust me you won't regret it!

RE: Speccing suggestions please - RacingSnake - 07-02-2013 05:02pm

Yep, Electric tailgate....
And if you're sticking to the pure, get the xenon lights Smile

RE: Speccing suggestions please - heronb - 07-02-2013 05:16pm

Thanks for the suggestions, all would be nice to have and I am partial to a firmer ride. Elec tailgate hmmm is it not just a gimmick?

RE: Speccing suggestions please - MarkLondon - 07-02-2013 05:20pm

I have the electric tailgate and use it all of the time. I was also unsure at the point of order, but now I've actually used it, I'm pleased I got it.

Must have the pano roof, as it lets more light into the cabin.

I love A/D and switch between Dynamic and 'Normal' quite a bit. The snow mode proved reliable over the last few weeks. (Hopefully, you will find this out on a LR Experience Day).

The Xenons really do look good on the car and I think they are better lights too.

Like you say, colour is your choice, just have a look around the net and also the showroom to see what takes your eye.

Spare wheel is an option lots of people suggest (although I forgot to order it).

Good luck.

RE: Speccing suggestions please - heronb - 07-02-2013 05:24pm

Ok will check it out, can't see MagneRide as an option on a Pure
(07-02-2013 05:20pm)MarkLondon Wrote:  I have the electric tailgate and use it all of the time. I was also unsure at the point of order, but now I've actually used it, I'm pleased I got it.

Must have the pano roof, as it lets more light into the cabin.

I love A/D and switch between Dynamic and 'Normal' quite a bit. The snow mode proved reliable over the last few weeks. (Hopefully, you will find this out on a LR Experience Day).

The Xenons really do look good on the car and I think they are better

So LED's aren't standard on a Pure? Thought all cars needed DRL's.

RE: Speccing suggestions please - paisan - 07-02-2013 05:50pm

DRLs are standard but... the DRL on non Xenon Evoques are a single round - but bright - light , the Xenon option gives you the DRL LED's curved line ( signature lights in all the photographs) .

RE: Speccing suggestions please - Michelle - 07-02-2013 06:03pm

I really don't regret my blind spot monitoring. I even upgraded form pure to prestige just to be able to have it (not available on the pure, not sure for the dynamic). I use my heated seats quite a bit as the heating is so slow, and yes the electric tailgate is very useful ( I wouldn't have paid for it but it was with the prestige or one of the packs I can't remember).

RE: Speccing suggestions please - cjfp - 07-02-2013 06:13pm

(07-02-2013 06:03pm)Michelle Wrote:  I really don't regret my blind spot monitoring. I even upgraded form pure to prestige just to be able to have it (not available on the pure, not sure for the dynamic). I use my heated seats quite a bit as the heating is so slow, and yes the electric tailgate is very useful ( I wouldn't have paid for it but it was with the prestige or one of the packs I can't remember).

I know you're in Switzerland, but to clarify that BSM is available as an option on Pure in UK