babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Didn't last long... - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Regional Discussions (/Forum-Regional-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Australia & New Zealand (/Forum-Australia-New-Zealand)
+--- Thread: Didn't last long... (/Thread-Didn-t-last-long)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Didn't last long... - Biker - 02-02-2013 01:54am

So why does software never glitch the other way? Instead of limp mode, put it in Knight Rider mode?

Didn't last long... - durham70 - 03-02-2013 06:28am

Just done exactly the same again. 150km from home

Will be looking for full refund on Monday and buying something else
So the history is

Friday 25th - due to pick up at 9.30. Dealer rang 30 mins before and said not ready (wrong car delivered from detailed). Rearranged pick up for 3pm. Salesman eventually available at 3.45.

Monday 28th - breakdown 1 at 549km. Towed home

Tuesday 29th - car towed at 7am to the dealer

Tuesday 29th to Friday 1st - car at dealer. Dealer said it was a software glitch

Sunday 3rd - breakdown 2 at 1186km. Exactly the same symptoms. About to be towed home again.

Didn't last long... - Jai - 03-02-2013 07:47am

It's probably a single sensor that's faulty causing dramas Sad shame mate

RE: Didn't last long... - MPK - 03-02-2013 07:55am

Sorry to hear that!

What kind of driving were you doing when the restricted performance issue occurred both times? That is were you climbing a hill, dropping gears to accelerate or were you just idling at a constant speed?

RE: Didn't last long... - Biker - 03-02-2013 08:13am

This is really bad news.
I do think you are within your rights asking for a refund as they not able to fix the problem and they also don't know exactly what it is. Software glitch my a$%^& this time round. Something is amiss here.
But are you really prepared to part with your baby after waiting for so long?
I would also speak to the big boss directly now if I were you. You are in a very good position to bargain though. Considering an extended warranty for free?

Didn't last long... - durham70 - 03-02-2013 08:20am

Just driving on the freeway - 100km an hour or so, nothing special. On Monday it was raining hard - today sunshine.
Only common thing we can think of is approx 1/4 of a tank of fuel both times.

Can't have the unreliability / uncertainty which is why it needs to go. If they had stock I'd take a replacement but after a 5 month wait for this one I doubt they will.......

RE: Didn't last long... - MPK - 03-02-2013 08:34am

(03-02-2013 08:20am)durham70 Wrote:  Just driving on the freeway - 100km an hour or so, nothing special. On Monday it was raining hard - today sunshine.
Only common thing we can think of is approx 1/4 of a tank of fuel both times.

Can't have the unreliability / uncertainty which is why it needs to go. If they had stock I'd take a replacement but after a 5 month wait for this one I doubt they will.......

Wondering if its the same sensor issue i had with the EGR? I was also on the freeway when it happened but in my instance i was driving up a hill and accelerating hard when it occurred. My issue was investigated by an engineer from the head office and it was him who discovered the issue - the dealer couldn't identify it.

Didn't last long... - QUEEVO - 03-02-2013 10:10am

Search for fuel pump issues here. There were a number of secondary pumps failing. The RRE has two tanks and when the secondary tank fails, no fuel... Good luck!!!

Didn't last long... - durham70 - 03-02-2013 11:18am

Queevo - that would have been really obvious for the dealer though ?

RE: Didn't last long... - Biker - 03-02-2013 09:52pm

One should never assume the dealer knows best. Assumption is the mother of all f$%^&-ups as the saying goes.

I 'assumed' when my car went for a service at the dealer that would have have done the necessary. Only when I checked did I realise my air filter was not replaced. So I did it myself. 2000 km later, another service, they replaced it. Not inspected it, just replaced.