babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Didn't last long... - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Regional Discussions (/Forum-Regional-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Australia & New Zealand (/Forum-Australia-New-Zealand)
+--- Thread: Didn't last long... (/Thread-Didn-t-last-long)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Didn't last long... - durham70 - 28-01-2013 07:50am

549km to be exact

New TD4 Dynamic Coupe picked up Friday pm

Currently sitting by the side of the freeway exit ramp waiting for a tow truck

Driving home from the long weekend in the rain, yellow triangle warning light came on. Pulled off onto exit ramp and then red triangle warning light came on. Stopped. Tried to restart - car revs but them stalls. Orange engine warning light on.

Not happy !!!!!

Any ideas ?

RE: Didn't last long... - MPK - 28-01-2013 08:24am

Sorry to hear that!

Was there any messages on the driver instrument panel when the amber/red engine light came on?

Didn't last long... - durham70 - 28-01-2013 08:25am

Sorry - should have said I got the restricted performance error whilst pulling off the freeway as well......

RE: Didn't last long... - MPK - 28-01-2013 08:33am

I had the similar issue but mine occurred due to a faulty ERG sensor. Did you call LandRover for assistance?

I've also read that the same error could occur on SI4 engines in wet conditions, http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-LR-wet-engine-reduced-output-FIX-finally-just-in-time-for-Christmas

I'd ask LandRover whether this issue exists on TD4/SD4 when you follow up with them?

Didn't last long... - durham70 - 28-01-2013 09:09am

Thanks - yep, landrover assist were great. In the tow truck now.

Going back to the dealer tomorrow morning - I'll let everyone know what they say !

RE: Didn't last long... - Ringo - 28-01-2013 10:38am

Durham
Sorry to hear the bad news. Hope it's only something simple and you can be back on your way quickly
I haven't quite done that many Ks since my pick up on Friday, I will be keeping my fingers crossed. The only two issues I have had were
1: Car didn't recognise that I had the key( it was in the centre console with phone and ipod ), got them out and away we went
2: Car wouldn't start, key in hand, still wouldn't start, a bit of panic starts to set in, look at display and it tells me to put my foot on the BRAKE
Feel like an idiot, only excuse I can offer is after 10 years in a manual, it's hard to change a habit.

RE: Didn't last long... - Biker - 28-01-2013 10:41am

It does sound odd. Given a wade depth of 500 mm and some deep water crossings been done by quite a few people in the past and good old UK being the soggy place it is, I wouldn't expect the wet causing this.
I hope it is something benign.
Not nice when your new baby have to sleep over at the car hospital.

RE: Didn't last long... - z4alfie - 28-01-2013 07:50pm

(28-01-2013 10:41am)Biker Wrote:  It does sound odd. Given a wade depth of 500 mm and some deep water crossings been done by quite a few people in the past and good old UK being the soggy place it is, I wouldn't expect the wet causing this.
I hope it is something benign.
Not nice when your new baby have to sleep over at the car hospital.

same symptoms as my fuel filter issue, any news yet?

Didn't last long... - durham70 - 28-01-2013 07:55pm

Car is going to the garage this morning (only 5.53am at the moment).

Still on the first tank of fuel that was in when I picked it up from the dealer ......

RE: Didn't last long... - jitenc - 29-01-2013 06:21am

Better to weed out the problems now than later.. Hope your car is trouble free from now on..