babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Keep the Goodyears or swap for Pirellis? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Keep the Goodyears or swap for Pirellis? (/Thread-Keep-the-Goodyears-or-swap-for-Pirellis)

Keep the Goodyears or swap for Pirellis? - WB - 25-01-2013 04:36pm

My new Evoque has come with Goodyear tyres. I'd be interested in opinions on whether I should leave them on or swap for a set of new Pirellis I have in the garage?

Didn't get the full spec but they're some kind of low rolling resistance Goodyear.

I know what the answer would be if they'd been Continentals but haven't seen many strong views on Goodyears. The ride on the Pirellis on my last Evoque was superb and they hardly showed any sign of use after 5,000 miles.

Appreciate your insights.

RE: Keep the Goodyears or swap for Pirellis? - Jonathon555 - 25-01-2013 05:20pm

(25-01-2013 04:36pm)WB Wrote:  My new Evoque has come with Goodyear tyres. I'd be interested in opinions on whether I should leave them on or swap for a set of new Pirellis I have in the garage?

Didn't get the full spec but they're some kind of low rolling resistance Goodyear.

I know what the answer would be if they'd been Continentals but haven't seen many strong views on Goodyears. The ride on the Pirellis on my last Evoque was superb and they hardly showed any sign of use after 5,000 miles.

Appreciate your insights.

Are the goodyears all season tyres or summer ?

RE: Keep the Goodyears or swap for Pirellis? - j7david - 25-01-2013 09:36pm

I think we need to know which Goodyears and which Pirellis

RE: Keep the Goodyears or swap for Pirellis? - WB - 25-01-2013 10:02pm

(25-01-2013 09:36pm)j7david Wrote:  I think we need to know which Goodyears and which Pirellis

Good point - pirellis are the all season - will have to check the goodyears

RE: Keep the Goodyears or swap for Pirellis? - slee18 - 25-01-2013 10:26pm

in my experience with Goodyear is they have a really soft compound. The ride might be more compliant then then the continental but will wear out faster.