babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Wot? No screen wash level warning? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Wot? No screen wash level warning? (/Thread-Wot-No-screen-wash-level-warning)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Wot? No screen wash level warning? - benzina - 18-01-2013 01:56pm

I can't recall exactly what the yellow/orange symbol looked like, but i think it was like a jet of water spraying up like a fountain, with a written message suggesting low washer fluid level.

I can't find it in this list here though... http://babyrr.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=647 which is from the owners manual.

RE: Wot? No screen wash level warning? - caroline11000 - 18-01-2013 02:20pm

(18-01-2013 01:56pm)benzina Wrote:  I can't recall exactly what the yellow/orange symbol looked like, but i think it was like a jet of water spraying up like a fountain, with a written message suggesting low washer fluid level.

I can't find it in this list though... http://babyrr.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=647

Yes that's what it looks like.

RE: Wot? No screen wash level warning? - ojonesyo - 18-01-2013 03:26pm

Yes, mine has the warning display for low screenwash level .....its a 2011 SD4 if this matters

RE: Wot? No screen wash level warning? - speary - 18-01-2013 04:04pm

Mine also has the warning. Also i think that when its getting low it doesnt wash the headlights to save water for the screen. My last Audi did this also

RE: Wot? No screen wash level warning? - Jonathon555 - 18-01-2013 04:13pm

My car deffo appears to have no warning as I have fully ran out of fluid twice.

My manual also does not mention any warning.

I use that -60 deg C screen wash that does not really freeze in Britain.

RE: Wot? No screen wash level warning? - DiscoDad - 18-01-2013 04:36pm

Ours deffo does have a low washer fluid warning.

It is also bloody annoying because it comes on the TFT display between the clocks.
It also says 'press ok to cancel' but when you do it pops back up 5 minutes later!

Bloody annoying when it works, bloody inconvenient when it doesn't!

RE: Wot? No screen wash level warning? - Urban Splash - 18-01-2013 06:00pm

I have had the warning message before....not sure why some people are not seeing this.

Maybe its to do with xenon and the requirement of having headlight washers....? Is anyone with xenon not seeing the low washer fluid warning?

Wot? No screen wash level warning? - FujiSan - 18-01-2013 06:19pm

The key may be xenons. Mine does not have them and gets no warning. Anyone else?

RE: Wot? No screen wash level warning? - Jonathon555 - 18-01-2013 06:22pm

(18-01-2013 06:19pm)FujiSan Wrote:  The key may be xenons. Mine does not have them and gets no warning. Anyone else?

Just checked with my mate , he has the warning .

He has Halogen lights.

RE: Wot? No screen wash level warning? - RacingSnake - 18-01-2013 09:12pm

for what it's worth, I've had the warning too.... even after I filled it up, it needed a 'squirt' before the warning went away.