babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Heated washer jets? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Heated washer jets? (/Thread-Heated-washer-jets)

Pages: 1 2

Heated washer jets? - j7david - 16-01-2013 09:49pm

I have a Dynamic (2012) which AFAIK includes the Tech Pack which says it includes heated washer jets for the windscreen ... it was -5C this morning and I had no use of the screenwash (pull lever, nothing happens) until I'd driven about 45 mins to a place where it was +1C.

I've no idea what screenwash is in there as it was almost empty when it went for its first service a week ago, and came back full, but as it's December I'd hope/presume/imagine it would be something vaguely suitable for cool temperatures.

Does that sound normal? Worth a trip to the dealer?

RE: Heated washer jets? - cjfp - 16-01-2013 09:54pm

It's January Laughing

RE: Heated washer jets? - PhilSkill - 16-01-2013 10:07pm

Mine were frozen all day...

RE: Heated washer jets? - SINGHY - 16-01-2013 10:49pm

-7c up here in leedss this morning, washer jets on the Evoque frozen but washer jets on 6 year old Audi a3 were still squirting washer fluid. The Indians can learn a lot from the Germans!

RE: Heated washer jets? - doug - 16-01-2013 10:56pm

At -5 the screen wash used by the garages will freeze. I have to use neat screen wash when it's this cold, it's not good for your paint but with are roads so dirty this week 1/2mile down the road & I wouldn't be able to see out of my Transit windscreen with out it (and yes, it has a heated screen Very Happy)

RE: Heated washer jets? - PhilSkill - 17-01-2013 12:06am

I get high as a kite when i can spray it, but still frozen, never had frozen jets for long on the Mazda 6 and they're not heated, but it is a petrol so maybe more heat soak into the washer pipes.

If these are heated what controls the heater on them? (waits for an RTFM comment...)

RE: Heated washer jets? - IvorRedOne - 17-01-2013 12:16am

This also happens on my Wifes X-Type. Minus 2 and the jets freeze up. Thankfully I keep the Evoque in the Garage. Had Volvo's most of my adult life and never had the washers freeze up once even in minus 17 in the German winter months. We really do not have a clue in this country...

RE: Heated washer jets? - speary - 17-01-2013 09:45am

Heated washer jets only work if the water pipe isnt frozen. Many many years ago I used to extend the washer pipes and wrap them round the radiator hose to great effect, no more frozen washers

RE: Heated washer jets? - Sarcastrix - 17-01-2013 12:11pm

(16-01-2013 10:07pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Mine were frozen all day...

It will stay frozen all day too as LR didn't locate the washer tank in engine bay - it's behind the front bumper.

Buy some decent screen wash Smile

Heated washer jets? - Stadt Panzer - 17-01-2013 12:38pm

Use per-mixed screen wash from Shell and the screen wash works fine, -11 here this morning!!